Dark Kingdom Chapter 17


By: Dia-chan


Disclaimer! I do NOT own the gundam boys. Please don't sue me. I have no money.

Title: Dark Kingdom
Author: Dia-chan
Pairings: 1+2, 3+4, 5+Sally
Rating: NC-17
Warnings: YAOI! lemon, angst, sap, OOC, AU
Note* Thank you so much for the reviews minna-san! Whoo hoo, Duo is Shinigami! ::dances around:: Anyway, *Kat*Chan*, I wrote you a fic called Moonlight Shadows. And Enigma, I wrote you a fic called Dancing with Darkness. I think i'm going to make them long stories too. I've got the first chapters up. I hope you guys like it. But don't worry! I'm going to be working on this story as well. I hope you all enjoy.


~Endless Kingdom~

Lady Une was resting in her bed. The healers were able to drain the poison from her body, but she was still weak. Her body was covered in cold sweat, and her muscles were acheing. That stupid Trowa Barton. First her eye, now this. Those two brothers were annoyances. But atleast she was still alive. She would get her revenge on those boys. As soon as she was recovered. The flames shot up from the fireplace again, and Une turned her head weakly to face King J.

" Poison bolt? " King J asked when he saw Une lying on her bed.

" Yes your majesty, " Une tried sitting up, but ended up falling back down on the bed, " Is there something I can do for you? "

" I need you to fetch someone for me, " King J replied, " I need you to get Duo Maxwell "

" Duo Maxwell? "

" Yes, the braided boy who is always with Prince Heero "

" Forgive me master, but I don't think i'll be able to go right now, " Lady Une apologized.

" Have someone mix gaige greens, aoei oil, and ehrea wood, " King J replied, " Then bring the boy here "

" As you wish "

*************************************************************************************************

~Mt.Victoria~

" Shinigami " Wufei gasped. Everyone stood staring at Duo in shock. Especially Heero.

Duo stared at the scythe which was glowing in his hands. Holding the scythe caused something to awaken within Duo. He suddenly knew what to do and how to control it. More dust fell down from the ceiling, coating Duo's nose; causing him to sneeze. The sneeze echoed through the cave, and a faint rumbling sound began to vibrate the cave.

The ground began to shake and the sound of rocks falling filled their ears. " RUN! " Heero shouted. Everyone ran out of the cave as quickly as they could. Duo was still clutching the scythe while Heero had his hand locked on his wrist. They all continued to run, alot of the times they were tripping. The ground was shaking uncontrollably now. Like there was an earthquake. More rocks and more dust were falling from the ceiling and from the walls.

In the back of them, they could hear the ceiling fall to the ground, quickly gaining on their steps. Finally they could see the faint light of the caves opening. The dust was clouding their vision but they kept running. Death on their heels. Duo and Heero were trailing in back of the others. Making sure that they made it out of the cave. They both jumped out of the cave at once, barely missing their chance of being crushed.

The five of them laid on the ground. Panting and out of breath. Adrenaline still fresh in their veins. Duo dropped the scythe and the green blades immediately dissapeared. Duo looked up at the former cave. Large rocks were now blocking the caves entrance, there was a large cloud of dust surrounding all of them. Eventually the dust faded and Duo looked over at Heero. The braided boy burst into a fit of giggles. He looked at everyone else. They were all in the same condition as Heero. Faces smudged with dirt. Making their faces completely brown, dust clinging to their hair, clothing covered with dirt.

Trowa climbed to his feet slowly, " Let's get back to Quatre "

Heero nodded, helping Shinigami to his feet. He stared at Duo for a moment. Those violet eyes were glittering with laughter, and those soft lips were formed in a wide grin. How could this boy be the God of Death?

They descended the mountain and back to their horses, heading back to the Sanq Kingdom. On the way over they were discussing their newfound information.

" Poor Quatre, he'll probably have a heart attack once we get back, " Trowa said, " First Duo becomes a vampire, now he's Shinigami "

" What is Shinigami anyway? Like, what does he do? " Duo asked curiously.

" Shinigami is the God of Death. He has the power to decide who lives and who dies. You, Duo Maxwell, hold the world in your hands " Wufei replied.

Heero rolled his eyes, " Who would have thought Duo was the God of Death? "

Duo pouted, " What's that supposed to mean? "

Heero just smiled, " Nothing koi. As soon as we get back we should start studying up on the old powers "

Duo grinned wickedly, " Do you mind taking a shower first? "

" Shut up! " Wufei shouted in annoyance. That was the last thing he wanted to hear.

" What's wrong WuWu? " Duo asked innocently. He was beginning to enjoy teasing the chinese man.

" Don't call me WuWu " Wufei growled.

" What does Sally call you? "

Wufei grew red and nudged Nataku forward. Abandoning his traveling party. Duo snickered. " Your such a trouble maker koi " Heero said.

Duo grinned, " Would you like me to tease *you* Hee-chan? "

" Hn "

*************************************************************************************************

~Sanq Kingdom~

Quatre had been sitting infront of the stables for the past hour now. He didn't have much to do that day, he signed a few more documents but that was it. All he had to do now was wait for his koi to come back home. He hoped that they were all okay. He didn't know when they would be returning, but he hoped that it would be sometime soon.

*************************************************************************************************

They finally made it back to the Sanq Kingdom. Trowa headed straight for their room. Opening the door quietly, he found Quatre resting on the bed. His blond hair a small tangle on the pillow. Not wanting Quatre to panic upon seeing the condition that he was in, he quietly slipped into the shower.

Quatre awoke to the feel of someone crawling into bed next to him. He opened his eyes and saw Trowa smiling at him. He quickly smiled, wrapping his arms tightly around his neck, kissing him fiercely, " I was so worried! " Quatre cried. He ran his hands around Trowa's body, looking around for any kind of wounds or scratches. He found nothing to his relief.

" So what happened? Did everything go okay? " Quatre asked.

Trowa nodded and he told the blond the entire story. Starting from when they arrived at Mt.Peacemillion.

*************************************************************************************************

After Heero and Duo's ummm...bath, Heero pulled out all the documents. The Dark Kingdoms documents and the Ancients documents. They both laid down on the bed, reading through the old pages. The scythe sat in the closet of their room. Duo had throne an extra bedsheet over it to make sure no one would see it.

Duo was still feeling a bit strange. He was Shinigami. That title made him feel like he had alot to live up to. The God of Death...how could he be the God of Death if he couldn't even kill Dorothy? Duo voiced the question outload, and Heero turned to look at him.

" Being Shinigami doesn't mean that you kill *everyone*, " Heero replied, " It's kind of like...hm... you know how to control yourself. You won't kill anyone without a good reason. It wouldn't be such a good idea to have a God of Death who....killed whoever they wanted to "

Duo sat up confused, crossing his legs and resting his face on his hands. " But how do you know that i'm Shinigami? What if i'm not? "

Heero smiled, " Your the only one who can control the scythe "

" But, that doesn't mean i'm him "

" No one has been able to use that scythe, " Heero replied, he gave Duo a reasurring squezze on his shoulder, " It's nothing to be worried about Duo "

" I'm not worried " Duo smiled, " Aren't you intimadated? "

Duo gave Heero a mischevious look, " I am the God of Death after all "

Heero scowled and returned to the documents. He abandoned the Dark Kingdoms documents and read through the ancients. He found out all sorts of different powers. One particular spell interested him. It was called Shadow Flight. It was an ability where he would be able to teleport from shadow to shadow.

" Duo? Could you look around for the ultimate power? " Heero asked while he took some notes, " If we are dealing with King J, there is no doubt that he has taken it upon him self to acquire that power "

" Okay " Duo flipped through the pages. And then he came upon a section talking about the *very* old powers.

~Due to their destructive power, these powers have never been used. One power called, ' Meteo ' is the ability to cause a meteor to plunge into the world. Another power is called ' Flame Dragon ' which has the ability to create a dragon out of flames. However the Flame Dragon is mostly used by Witches. The Ultimate power is the ' Ebian ' this strong power should not be used. Ever. Ebian has the power to demolish several galaxies if not used correctly. Not once has this power ever been used. And it never should be used. However, for whatever reason it needs to be used, Ebian and Meteo can be gained through vampire blood. The Flame Dragon can be used by combining fire ball powers, but keep in mind, after useing a flame dragon your powers will be useless.~

Duo handed the paper over to Heero, and Heero read it with narrowed eyes. Ebian huh? No doubt that was the power King J would use. Heero quickly turned to Duo, " Duo....you have to return to your world "

Duo shook his head, " Not this again Hee-chan. C'mon now. I'm SHINIGAMI! "

Heero frowned. It didn't matter to him if Duo was shinigami. He was *his* shinigami. And he would die before his lover was harmed.

" Besides, this is my world now too " Duo looked up at Heero and kissed him softly. Heero instantly melted into the kiss. Duo smiled to himself, Heero Yuy had weak spot after all.

*************************************************************************************************

~Endless Kingdom~

Lady Une was amazed at the fact that she was fully recovered. The potion King J had taught her worked like a charm. She had never felt more refreshed in her life. Now, she needed to start on her mission. Retrieve Duo Maxwell.

She didn't know how she was going to do that. That braided boy was constantly around Heero. Une sat on her couch, a plan slowly forming in her head. She just needed to get the boy alone, and kidnapping him would be a peice of cake.

King J was obviously stronger now. The man had been shooting out of her fireplace every five minutes. Giving her more and more orders. But his top priority was Duo Maxwell.

Une grabbed a stack of papers on her couch. She thumbed through the handwritten pages and smiled. She found the perfect spell. She could transform herself, making herself look like Heero. All she needed was something that was a part of Heero. Which was easy since she still had his blood. She just needed a little bit.

She stood from her couch and walked over to her shelf. She retreived various potions, each vile filled with a different liquid. She grabbed a small black pot and poured the liquids in. A small cloud of smoke blew out of the opening, and she gently pulled a flake of blood off of the stick. She dropped it into the liquid and another cloud of smoke emerged.

She mixed the liquids together and brought the pot to her lips. She drank down the bitter fluid in one gulp. According to the directions, the potion would take 12 hours to take effect. Which was perfect. She could just sleep through the wait.

She would be able to look like Heero for approximately two hours. After that she would change back. She walked over to her bed and laid down. Her eyelids slid shut and she fell asleep.

*************************************************************************************************

~King J's Hideout~

J paced around his room. His muscles had finally fully formed. By tomorrow, he would be fully recovered. Things were going to be a bit harder now though. He knew that at this very moment, Heero was studying up on the old powers. He had trained the little pest to be prepared for everything after all.

He scowled. Stupid little boys. He couldn't believe it. An 8 year old boy and a 9 year old boy had been able to defeat him. It was such a shame. But now he would be able to show them that they couldn't mess with him. It just made it a whole lot sweeter that Duo was Heero's lover.

J grabbed an old bottle of wine and took a large gulp. Drowning his animosity in liquor. But his *sons* were in for a special treat. Oh their deaths were going to be *very* slow and painful. He guarenteed that. And they would die by *his* hands.

He already had the whole thing planned out. He would rule the world. And Duo Maxwell would be at his side. Whether the braided boy liked it or not. But he had a feeling Duo would like it. After all, once Une brought him here, the braided wonder wouldn't even remember the name Heero Yuy.

*************************************************************************************************

~Sanq Kingdom/Morning~

Duo woke up slowly. Like he did every morning. He instinctively reached out across the bed, searching for Heero's warm body. He sat up when his hands encountered nothing but wrinkled bedsheets. Heero had already woken up and left the room.

Duo groaned and pulled himself out of bed. Dragging his legs across the soft carpet and into the bathroom. He shut the door behind him and began stripping off his clothes. He ran the hot water into the bathtub and brushed his teeth while he waited for the tub to fill.

He let out a contended sigh as he slipped into the water, the warm water soothed his entire body and he relaxed immediately.

Oooo, this felt nice. Duo thought with a smile. To bad Heero wasn't here to enjoy it. He leaned back and dipped his hair into the water, grabbing the tall glass on the side of the tub. He took his time washing the silken chestnut mane, and took an even longer time rinsing the soap out. When he was done batheing, he slipped a robe on and returned back into the bedroom.

He was surprised to see Heero waiting patiently on the bed. Staring at the door with a strange look in his eyes.

" Heero? " Duo asked curiously. He walked over to the closet and dropped the robe to the floor. Looking around for some clothes.

There was a sharp intake of breath, and Duo turned around. Heero had turned his face away, not looking at Duo's nude form. " What's wrong Hee-chan? "

Heero didn't reply, so he returned to finding some clothes. As soon as he was dressed, Heero stood up and started walking towards him. Duo smiled and was about to embrace his koi when the bedroom doors opened and.......Heero stepped inside.

Duo stared at the new Heero in confusion. " Heero? " Duo backed away immediately.

" What's going on? " Heero asked.

The two Heero's stood staring at eachother in shock. Duo inched his way to the closet. The real Heero would know what he was going for. He reached into the closet and his hand enclosed around the bedsheet covered scythe, but a hand shot out and grabbed Duo by the wrist before he could remove the sheet.

" Say goodbye Heero Yuy. You won't be seeing him again " Une stated with a laugh. Duo tried his best to wiggle out of Unes grasp, and Heero jumped forward. But it was to late. Une vanished, taking Duo along with him.

" Shit! " Heero yelled, he ran out of the bedroom and straight down to the stable area. Where the hell was that witch taking him?! He knew for a fact that it was Une. He could recognize that voice anywhere. But Duo also had his scythe. Maybe he would be okay. He just hoped Une wouldn't take him to King J. He didn't know if his lover could handle him.

*************************************************************************************************

Duo felt like he was falling in a black hole. Une's arms were still wrapped tightly around his waist. His eyes were wide open but he could see nothing. Just endless darkness.

Finally they were plummeted to solid ground. Duo took in his surroundings. He was in a cave like place. The walls were gray, a couple of dusty bookshelves along the side. The ground was dusty and gray and there was a small pond in the corner. Next to the pond was a small futon, and next to the futon stood an old man.

His hair was long and gray, his eyes were covered by weird dark glasses. He was a bit short and he was staring at Duo with a large smile on his wrinkled face.

" Very good Une " King J said, " You may return now "

" Are you sure master? This boy is stronger than he looks " Lady Une replied.

" I know that " King J said simply, " You may leave "

Une let go of Duo hesitantly and dissapeared. King J stepped closer and Duo gripped his scythe tighter in his hands. J noticed and looked at the bedsheet questioningly, " Did I catch you at a bad time? "

Duo glared and ripped the sheet off the scythe. The scythe immediately sprang to life once his hands touched the handle. J's eyes widened in surprise, and immediately understood.

" Well well well. The God of Death has returned, " King J said. If the old man was scared, he wasn't showing it. " Your not going to kill me before you know who I am are you? "

" I know who you are " Duo growled.

King J smiled, " Do you? Your very smart. I like that about you "

Duo clenched onto the scythe harder. His knuckles turned white and his body was ready for action. He already knew what he needed to do. If he could kill King J, he could make Heero happy and this ridiculous war would come to an end.

" Let me introduce myself anyway. I am King J. Former ruler of the Dark Kingdom " J offered his hand, and Duo spit on it in return.

" Your fiesty too "

Duo didn't know why he was standing here and listening to the old man talk. And he didn't like the way the old man was looking at him either. There was a kind of hunger in the mans eyes, making Duo sick to his stomache. He lunged forward, swinging his scythe at the same time.

J backed out of the way, but he hadn't anticipated Duo's fast reflexes. The scythe caught him in the arm, causing a large welt. J smiled, " That was very good "

Duo watched with wide eyes as the wound immediately healed, " But not good enough " He added.

Duo attacked again swinging the scythe around in a full circle, and missing completely. J was fast. A little to fast for a normal vampire. But as long as he had his scythe, he had a chance. He was Shinigami after all.

" You know, " King J said between dodges, " When I first saw you, I knew I had to have you "

Duo growled and swung the scythe again. He tried his best to ignore the old mans words.

" Your hair is so beautiful. I can't wait to run my hands through it, " J jumped up as the scythe went for his legs, " And your eyes are such a beautiful violet. I don't think i've seen eyes like that before "

Duo was getting angrier and angrier with each word. An enraged Shinigami began attacking with full force, and J just mocked him. Laughing and dodging.

" I think I want you even more after this " J said, " Your much stronger than I gave you credit for. Does Heero realize how powerful you are? "

The sound of Heero's name coming from those lips sparked something in Duo's mind. A fire burnt deep within him, something stronger than before. He jumped forward, his scythe coming straight down onto J's head. But J did something incrediable. The scythe froze just an inch away from splitting open his entire body.

Duo used all his strength, trying to push the scythe into him. It was useless. The scythe didn't move. Duo could feel the weapons own frustration, useing all of its powers to move. J laughed.

" That was incrediable Duo, " J commented, " But you can't kill me. No one can. Not even your little boyfriend Heero Yuy "

J stepped forward and closed his hand around Duo's throat, " Your mine now Duo Maxwell "

A weird fuzziness clouded Duo's mind. Like a gray fog and things slowly became bleary. He felt his eyelids slide shut, and he was asleep before he knew it.

*************************************************************************************************

Heero and Wing were racing off towards the Endless Kingdom. He didn't care about what he would encounter when he reached there. That morning, he had found willing vampires who would share their blood with him. His anger pounded through out his entire body. If anything happened to Duo, heads would roll.

*************************************************************************************************

~Sanq Kingdom~

" What do you mean Prince Heero and Duo are gone?! " Treize shouted angrily. Wufei and Sally had gone up to their room, looking for the young couple. Trowa had gone to check the stables to find Wing gone, but Deathscythe there. Something strange was going on.

" Treize! " Noin announced, rushing into the castle, " Zechs just spotted Heero and Wing heading towards the direction of the Endless Kingdom! "

" What?! " Treize exclaimed, " Was Duo with him? "

" No sir, he was all alone. Zechs has already taken off after him, " Noin said, " Shall I gather the soldiers and set them up for battle? "

Treize thought it over for a moment, " Yes, yes. Dispatch the soldiers immediately. We don't know what Prince Heero is up to, but it's better to be safe than sorry "

" Yes sir! " Noin saluated and ran out of the castle.

Trowa turned towards Quatre, " Quatre, you stay here. I'm going after Heero as well "

" But what about Duo? " Quatre asked. The blond boy was beginning to panic. He didn't know what was going to happen now. Everything was happening so quickly, nothing had been planned.

" The chances are Heero is after Duo, " Trowa replied.

Quatre nodded wordlessly, " Be careful Trowa "

Trowa smiled, " I will "

He kissed his lover quickly and raced to the stables. Followed quickly by Wufei and Treize. There was no time to lose.


To be continued..........

I'm sorry if this chapter seemed a bit rushed. I'm really tired but I was determined to get this chapter out already. I hope this didn't suck. Please tell me what you think. ^_^


Dia-chan
On To Chapter 18

Back to Heero + Duo
Back to Quatre + Trowa
Back to Multiple Pairings

Back to Main Archive