Dark Kingdom Chapter 16


By: Dia-chan


Disclaimer! I do NOT own the gundam boys. Please don't sue me. I have no money.

Title: Dark Kingdom
Author: Dia-chan
Pairings: 1+2, 3+4, 5+Sally
Rating: NC-17
Warnings: YAOI! lemon, angst, sap, OOC, AU
Note* Thank you for reviewing everyone! ^_^ And thank you Jon! I really appreciate the help. My mind was a total blank for vampire powers. In this chapter I tell you who Une's master is, but I don't want to ruin it for you, so just read the fic. ^_^ I hope you enjoy.


Once more, the three elders sat in silence. Thinking things over. They formed a small circle and began taking with eachother quietly when there was a sudden explosion from outside.

*************************************************************************************************

~Mt.Peacemillion~

Lady Une had abandoned her soldiers when she was close enough to teleport there. She stood in the middle of the town, glowing within her red light. The large hut at the end of town stood infront of her and she saw Heero and the others run out of the house. Damn it! They were there already.

Heero stared at Une. She was standing there smiling, launching fireballs in different directions, setting the small huts on fire. The ancients ran out of their houses screaming, taking shelter in the nearby forest. Heero quickly turned towards Duo, " Duo, get the elders out of here and someplace safe. Une will probably destroy the entire village "

Duo nodded and ran back into the house. The three elders were standing by a window, watching the destruction with shock. " You have to get out of here " Duo said quickly, ushering the ancients through a window.

It took a little while to get the elders through the window. Their bodies were much to old and they were moving so slowly. But Duo hadn't seen any soldiers. Would Une come here alone? Well why wouldn't she? She destroyed the Dark Kingdom all by herself.

As soon as Duo had climbed through the window, the entire hut had caught on fire. Setting it ablaze so quickly it was as if the hut had been soaked in gasoline.

" What are we going to do Prince Heero? " Treize asked. He had his sword withdrawn, but that wouldn't help much.

" Une seems to be alone, but, there's no way that we can destroy her " Heero said glaring at the red figure. " Damn it! "

Une was moving towards them and you could hear her laughter through the sounds of the fire.

" Trowa! You and Treize go with Duo, try to get the ancients to teach you some spells! Wufei and I will try and distract her! " Heero ordered. They all nodded and Heero and Wufei took off towards Une.

Trowa and Treize ran towards the back of the hut; there they found Duo and the three elders trying to make their way away from the village. They didn't get much progress, the elders couldn't run and they were only a couple of feet away from the house.

" We'll have to carry them " Trowa instructed when they caught up. Duo turned around in surprise but did what he had been ordered.

" Where's Heero? " Duo asked scooping Ron into his arms and running across the field and towards a bunch of trees.

Treize grunted, " Where else? He's fighting Une "

" But, he's not strong enough! " Duo protested.

" He'll be okay Duo, " Trowa looked down at Merquis whom he happened to be carrying. " You have to teach me some spells! That's the only way we'll be able to survive this! "

An inner battle was going on through those old eyes, and finally Merquis sighed, " Ron knows the best witch spells "

Trowa looked at Ron while they continued to run. You could hear explosions in the back, and the sky was quickly lighted in flashing colors once more.

" You could use a poison bolt " Ron said between breaths. " You'll need to repeat these words,
' Poison from the southern lands, come into these graceful hands. Burn your way into the veins, into those I want be slain "

Trowa nodded and looked over at Treize. Treize took Merquis from Trowa, throwing the old man over his shoulder as he ran. Trowa turned around and rejoined his brother, jumping quickly into the battle.

" Is Duo okay? " Heero asked once Trowa joined them.

" He's fine " Trowa replied. All three were now dodging Lady Une's attacks. Heero knew it wouldn't be long until Une used the same power she had used on the Dark Kingdom.

" Did they teach you anything? " Heero panted, narrowly missing a pointed stick.

" Yeah, " Trowa replied, " Both of you step back "

Heero and Wufei did as they were told and Trowa stood holding his hands in the air. He murmured the words Ron had told him, and almost immediately, he felt power rising throughout his body. He could feel a current swim around inside of him, and then a tickling in his fingers. Green light shot out of his fingertips, hitting Une directly in the chest.

Lady Une didn't scream, infact, she didn't do anything. She just stood there for awhile and began to laugh. " Is that all you got Trowa? " Lady Une sneered. She launched a fireball at him, and Heero had to jump in, pushing his brother out of the way.

Trowa was still shocked from the power he felt. It was unlike anything he had felt before. It was so powerful, it left his body trembling. But then again, if it was so powerful, why wasn't it affecting Une?

Heero was about to transform when he realized Lady Une had frozen. The red glow had dimmed around her, and Heero could see that her face looked strained. Sweat was beading down her forehead and she looked as though she were going to fall over.

" What kind of attack was that? " Heero asked, Une looked awfully sick.

" Ron said that it was a poison bolt " Trowa replied watching the scene with interest.

Lady Une tried summoning her power. She needed to destroy the village, if she didn't, what would her master say? But she couldn't. What kind of attack was that? She had the sudden urge to throw up and her vision was getting blurry. Poison? Had she been poisoned? The world began spinning around her, she could feel her body break out into a cold sweat, and she began to shake. She needed to get out of here. And she needed to do it now.

Trying her hardest to ignore the changes going on within her body, she concentrated on gathering up what was left of her power. And finally she was able to dissapear.

Fire was still eating away at the houses, and Heero quickly used his power. Rain poured down from the sky, drenching the homes and putting out the fires. Heero, Trowa, and Wufei fell to the muddy ground, completely exhausted. Trowa didn't care where he was, he leaned back on the ground staring up at the clouded sky. Rain was still pouring down from the heavens, and Heero quickly shut it off.

Climbing to his feet he looked in the direction where Duo had gone. Nothing was damaged in that direction, he made his way over there as quickly as he could. Wufei and Trowa were not far behind.

Duo had been watching the battle from afar. The elders were catching their breath, watching the lights in the sky with wide eyes. And Treize was about to join Heero and the others when suddenly the lights stopped and rain poured down from the sky.

Duo saw Heero approaching and jumped to his feet. Launching himself into the arms of his lover. Heero was fine. He didn't even have a scratch on him, which Duo found amazing after an encounter with Une.

" Are the villagers safe? " Merquis asked when the others joined them.

Heero nodded, " I don't think anyone was hurt. Une managed to destroy a few of the houses though"

The elders climbed to their feet, " Well, we must discuss things. We understand now what you were all talking about " Merquis replied.

The entire group made their way back to the burnt village. As the elders returned, the villagers came out of their hiding places and returned to the village. The beautiful straw houses were now mostly black, and the large hut the elders had stayed in was now burnt to a crisp. The villagers whom homes had not been destroyed escorted the elders into their homes. Trying their best to clean them up and keep them warm.

Duo couldn't help but wonder why the ancients in the village hadn't defended themselves. He made a mental note to ask Heero that when they had some time alone. For now, they just needed to help the elders. and figure out what they were going to do.

*************************************************************************************************

~Lady Une~

Lady Une returned to the place where Dekims soldiers were waiting. They had seen some lights from where they were, but they were unprepared for the return of a sick witch. " Healer " Was the only thing Une managed to get out before she collapsed and fell to the ground unconsious.

*************************************************************************************************

~Morning at Mt.Peacemillion~

Heero and the others were sitting outside of the village in a grassy area. Duo was running his hands through the grass while the others spoke with the elders.

Infront of Merquis was a stack of old papers. The papers looked even older than the documents Heero had. These papers were so thin and brittle Duo was amazed that they still remained intact.

Merquis rubbed his index finger against his temple, " I would like to thank you all again for helping our village "

Trowa and Heero shook their heads, saying that there was no need to thank them. They just wanted to figure out how they could beat Une and find out who her master was.

" These documents here has been around for centuries and centuries, " Merquis explained, " Most of these pages are spells, spells which have been long ago forgotten. Some of these spells, I have never heard of. "

" You are willing to teach us these spells now? " Wufei asked.

" We realize that you do not have any evil intent, " Daigo replied, " And we are trusting you not to take advantage of such power "

" We won't " Trowa assured them. Merquis pushed the documents towards them, and he glanced at Heero. " May I speak with you for a moment Prince Heero? " Merquis asked. Heero looked up puzzled but he slowly nodded.

They both walked away from the group. The others were gathered around Trowa, reading over the documents and finding out what kind of spells they could use.

When they were out of earshot and out of sight of everyone else, Merquise pulled out another stack of documents from his robe.

" This might help you figure out who the other power is " Merquise explained, he placed the document in Heero's hand, and Heero looked it over in confusion.

" What's this? " Heero asked.

" Ron and Daigo do not know that I made this, " Merquis replied, " Your kingdom had a similar set as well "

Heero raised an eyebrow, " What do you mean? "

" These documents, these papers, they tell you what had been done to seal the powers, " Merquis said, " They tell you how to unleash the powers. I made this in case something happened to us, and the old powers were needed again "

" Why would my kingdom have these documents? "

" Because, I am from the Dark Kingdom. I kept a set hidden safely in the castle, " Merquis cleared his throat, " The only person who knew about it was the person I trusted most "

" Who? " It was a simple question, but Heero felt coldness creep through his veins. He hoped, no, he prayed that whatever Merquis would say next wasn't who he thought it was.

" King J "

*************************************************************************************************

Duo was relieved to find that the documents the ancients had were written in english. Finally! Something he could read and understand! Trowa split the pages into four parts, handing each of them a section, he was feeling uncomfortable with everyone gathered around him.

Duo read quietly, amazed at the things they would be able to do. But one particular area caught his eye. It was explaining about weapons, old weapons which had been hidden away centuries ago.

~Due to their extreme powers alot of the old tools had been hidden. Each one was hidden in a different place. The scythe is the most powerful weapon. It can easily destroy an enemy with a single blow. But the scythe seems to have a mind of it's own. It can not be used by just anyone. The scythe chooses you, and if it does not want you it will not work. The scythe was hidden on the outskirts of Mt.Victoria, hidden within it's cave. It is buried within the walls at the very end of the cave, only a witch would be able to detect it's location. But due to the constant rock slides, no one ventures within the cave. Making Mt.Victoria the perfect place to keep it hidden.~

" Find anything? " Trowa asked looking at his braided friend. There was a wide grin on the boys face, which meant he was up to something.

" Where's Mt.Victoria? " Duo asked.

" Ah, the scythe, " Daigo said. Duo turned to look at him in surprise, " The scythe is a very powerful weapon, but as you have probably read, it won't work for just anyone "

" Why not? " Duo asked curiously.

" The scythe is very old. It is said that the scythe had been used by Shinigami, " Ron said, " No one has been able to use it. They say that the scythe will only work for Shinigami, and one day, Shinigami will return to reclaim it "

" Shinigami? " Duo asked.

" Shinigami, the god of death " Daigo replied.

Duo shuddered, " So theres no point in looking for it then "

Ron smiled, " It wouldn't hurt to try, Mt.Victoria is not far from here " there was a glitter in the old mans eye, and Duo turned to Trowa, " You wanna check this place out? "

Trowa frowned, he wanted to get back to Quatre as soon as possible. But Duo clearly wanted to go, and Mt.Victoria wasn't that far away, " As long as we don't take to long "

Duo nearly jumped off the ground in excitement. It would be so cool if *he* could use the scythe. He didn't know why, but he had a feeling that he *would* be able to use it, if he got his hands on it. He could almost see it in his eyes, long dark handle, double bladed green beams. (deathscythe hell)

Heero and Merquis returned. Heero's face was blank and his walk was smooth and controlled. But his eyes were a raging ocean. Merquis was looking pale and he sat down next to the elders. Heero stalked past them muttering, " Lets go "

Treize, Wufei, Trowa, and Duo all exchanged a glance. Heero wasn't even going to say goodbye? Or say thank you? The others quickly thanked them and hurried after Heero in puzzlement. Heero was already tacking up Wing when they caught up.

" What's wrong Hee-chan? " Duo placed a hand on Heero's shoulder, the boy was tense and he flinched at the touch. " Nothing. Let's just get out of here. "

Duo frowned but quietly obeyed. They all tacked up their horses quietly and mounted. Leaving the village. Duo was almost frightened to tell Heero about Mt.Victoria when Trowa spoke up, " We have to make a quick stop at Mt.Victoria first "

" Why? " Heero growled. He didn't even turn around to look at his brother.

" We want to pick up an old weapon "

" Hn "

Heero was gripping the reins so tightly his knuckles had turned white. The anger which was coursing through his body was almost unbareable. It took all of his control not to throttle Merquis' throat when the man told him about King J. They were in big trouble. King J wasn't dead? How could he have survived? He hadn't realized he had spoken that last thought outload until Duo asked " Who's still alive? "

Heero halted Wing and turned around to face everyone. He looked Trowa directly in the eye as he spoke, " I know who Une's master is "

Everyones jaw dropped, except Trowa. A sick feeling began to envelope his stomache, Heero didn't need to say who it was. Trowa already knew. He knew that look in Heero's eyes to well. Only one person could make Heero get that look, " King J " It wasn't a question. It was a statement. Heero nodded.

" King J? " Duo repeated, " I thought you said he was dead "

" How could King J be alive? " Wufei and Treize asked at the same time.

Heero shrugged, " I don't know! I killed him myself! "

Wufei and Treize's eyes flew wide with shock. " Wha-what did you say? " Wufei asked.

" Don't tell me none of you suspected Trowa and I " Heero glared.

" You, you killed your own father? " Duo asked.

" Tell us the whole story " Treize said. Trowa was surprised to see that there was no anger within Treize, he was sure that if Treize had known, they would have been ripped to shreds.

Heero sighed, and began the story.

*************************************************************************************************

~Eight Years Ago~

An 8 year old Heero was lying on his bed. He was staring out the window when he heard the shuffling in his brothers room. Sitting up, he listened more closely. He could hear muffled cries and the sound of something slamming against the wall. Was Trowa being attacked?

Jumping off of his bed he ran to his secret doorway. One which would take him to his brothers room unnoticed. Peering inside of the room only a few candles were lit. Heero's eyes grew wide with shock when he finally caught sight of his brother. Trowa *was* being attacked, but he was being attacked by his own father!

Trowa's small body was pressed up against the wall. His arms and legs thrashing, trying to get out of King J's firm grip. His father had his lips pressed against his step sons pale throat and Trowa cried out when he felt the fangs peirce his skin.

Heero returned silently to his room. He ran to his chair which was sitting infront of a desk. Flipping the chair over, he broke off one of the legs. He now had a long pointed peice of wood. He ran back into his brothers room, creeping up behind J. He had his arms raised above his head when King J suddenly whirled around. Blood still dripping from his chin he smiled at the shocked boy.

" Did I not teach you anything boy? " King J growled. He dropped Trowa to the floor and wrapped a hand around Heero's throat. Heero opened a mouth, trying to suck in some air; King J's grip was firm, cutting off his air completely.

Heero was forced to drop his weapon. His two hands barely came around J's thick wrist, trying to wrench that hand off his throat. His world was beginning to turn white when he was dropped to the floor. Eyes bleary and unfocused, he coudldn't see what was going on. But he could hear. Trowa was now attacking J. The sound of wood falling to the floor a second time caused a laugh to escape J's lips.

" Foolish boys " J stated. J grabbed Trowa and threw him across the room when he felt something burn through his skin. The pain was coming from his back, whirling around he faced a triumphant little boy.

" We are not foolish " Heero replied. J screamed out when the pain increased. Trowa had kicked the stake deeper into his body. Heero ran to Trowa's own chair as J dropped to his knees, breaking off another leg; Heero slammed the second peice into J's heart.

King J tried pulling the wood out, but he was growing to weak. The poison was already leaking through his body, causing the world to grow hazy. All he was aware of was the burning, all he could hear was the buzzing in his ears. And the last thing he saw were two small boys looking down on him. Before his world grew black he vowed to himself that he would return. He would return and kill these two boys no matter what.

*************************************************************************************************

" After that, we ran to your chambers " Heero said, looking at Treize.

Treize' face was flushed with anger. His hands were balled into fists and he managed to growl out, " Why didn't you tell me? "

" We thought you would kill us " Trowa replied.

Treize shook his head, " If I knew what that old man was doing to you.... "

" How do you know that it's J? " Wufei asked.

Heero pulled out the documents Merquis had given him. " It's all right here. Merquis kept a copy of these papers in the castle. These papers tell you how to unleash the powers. Only J knew about these papers "

" But how could he have survived? " Trowa asked, childhood fear creeping up on him.

Wufei cleared his throat, " He could have had someone revive him from the dead. Someone like Une"

They all sat in silence. Finally Trowa spoke up, " We should hurry up and get to Mt.Victoria, I don't want to leave Quatre alone any longer "

They all nodded, continueing their journey.

*************************************************************************************************

~Somewhere not to far away~

King J smiled. " So they have figured it out. I must admit, they are quite sharp "

He pulled himself away from the small pond which was his only window to the outside world. His body wasn't completed yet. His muscles weren't completely formed so it took all of his strength to drag himself to his bed. A bed which was nothing more than a futon.

" Hmmmm....but that braided boy.... " King J said thoughtfully, " He's quite easy on the eye. He would certainly make a valuable prize "

King J smiled again. Lady Une was so stupid. She didn't really think that he was going to keep her around forever did she? Impossible. But Duo, Duo was someone you could never grow tired of looking at.

" A little change of plans Lady Une, " J said to himself, " You won't be staying at my side for much longer. I have someone else in mind "

*************************************************************************************************

~Mt.Victoria~

Their horses were tied up to some trees, and they were all walking up the steep mountain. You could see the opening to the cave, about 200 feet up. The rocks here were strange though. They weren't gray or black or whatever color they were supposed to be. But purple. And the mountain was purple as well. There were more dried trees surrounding them than alive ones. And every so often a dozen of rocks would come tumbling down.

" They should call *this* the fricken Rocky Mountains " Duo muttered, " Doesn't the mountain ever run out of rocks? "

The mountain quickly answered, sending two large rocks tumbling straight towards Duo. Dodging it quickly, he leapt into Heero's awaiting arms.

" I guess not " Duo replied.

Heero kept a firm grip on his kois hand as they continued their way up the mountain. They finally made it up to the entrance. Their bodies tired and sweaty from the climb. It was pitch black in there, and no one had brought any form of lighting.

" Heh, you would think the ancients would have atleast *told* us to bring something " Duo commented.

" They knew we didn't need to be told, " Wufei replied. He picked up a large tree branch, and lit it up with a fireball.

" Hey! That's cool! I want one! " Duo exclaimed picking up his own branch, but dried leaves still clung to the end.

" Your just going to create a fire, " Wufei said, he ignored Duo and walked into the cave.

" You suck Wuffie " Duo pouted. Heero took Duo's arm and escorted him into the cave, a small smile playing at his lips.

Wufei didn't hear the remark, there was a small buzzing in his head. He turned to look at Trowa, " Do you feel that Prince Trowa? "

Trowa nodded, the walls seemed to be radiating with power. The light which burned off of Wufeis torch pointed out that small crystals were on the side of the cave. Duo placed his hand on the walls, it was cool and firm. And the crystals were sparkling like a diamond in the sun.

" Don't touch anything " Wufei warned, " For all we know, this cave might come caving in on us "

Heero agreed and pulled Duo away from the crystals. He kept an arm wrapped securely around Duo's waist, knowing that the boy would eventually find something else which interested him.

Their footsteps echoed throughout the cave, and before Duo could open his mouth, Heero clamped a hand over it, " Don't yell "

Duo's eyes grew wide with shock. How did Heero know what he was going to do? Heero smirked and continued walking. They continued to walk in silence, and Duo quickly grew bored with each passing minute.

The buzzing was getting loader and loader in Trowa and Wufei's ears as they got deeper and deeper into the cave. Finally, they reached the end of the cave and the buzzing was so load Wufei and Trowa had their hands over their ears.

" What's wrong with them? " Duo asked, he couldn't hear a thing.

" The weapon must be extremely powerful " Heero replied.

Wufei uncovered one of his ears and pointed infront of him. " IT'S IN THERE! " He shouted.

Duo flinched and Heero and Treize quickly walked over, useing their fists to break down the wall. The wall crumbled into tiny peices, living a large hole in the wall. Duo looked up as some dust fell down from the ceiling. Praying that the cave wouldn't cave in on them.

Heero reached into the hole and pulled out a large stick looking thing. It was covered in dark velvet cloth and he settled it on the ground. The buzzing stopped once it was revealed and Trowa and Wufei dropped their hands.

Heero removed the cloth and Duo gasped. The long handle looked just like he had envisioned it. But as Heero picked it up that's all it was. It didn't have the green beams like he had pictured.

" How does this thing work? " Heero asked. He stood up holding it with both of his hands and tried swinging it. " Is this all it is? A fancy stick? "

Wufei shook his head, " It won't work for just anyone. The ancients said that the scythe belongs to Shinigami "

" The God of Death? " Heero replied.

Wufei nodded.

Heero frowned and handed it to Trowa. Nothing. They passed it around until it finally came to Duo. As soon as Duo held it in his hands, it began to shake. Duo's eyes grew wide as he felt a weird sensation flow through his hands and throughout his body. Heero was already concerned at was making his way towards Duo when the scythe shot to life.

Green light erupted from the tip causing twin blades to spring to life. The weapon stood glowing and waiting in Duo's hands. Everyones eyebrows had flown up into their hair and Wufei managed to whisper one word.

" Shinigami "


To be continued...........

:: cries :: I'm not good at keeping secrets. You guys are really smart. Congratulations Keeshan, *Kat*Chan*, and Enigma i'll write you all a fic. :: smiles :: If you want. Just sign a review or e-mail me with the pairing you want and the type of fic you want. ^_^ Gomen nasai. I know I said I would make this chapter twice as long but.....i'm gonna work on the next chapter tonight. If you guessed that King J was Une's master and I forgot you just tell me. I hope you all enjoyed. I'll try to have the next chapter up soon.

Dia-chan
On To Chapter 17

Back to Heero + Duo
Back to Quatre + Trowa
Back to Multiple Pairings

Back to Main Archive