Dark Kingdom Chapter 14


By: Dia-chan


Disclaimer! I do NOT own the gundam boys. Please don't sue me. I have no money.

Title: Dark Kingdom
Author: Dia-chan
Pairings: 1x2, 3+4, 5+Sally
Rating: NC-17
Warnings: YAOI! lemon, angst, sap, Relena bashing, OOC, AU
Note* Thank you for reviewing everyone. I know you all have alot of questions, but they will be answered eventually.^_^ I'm glad you don't think my story sucks. I'm sorry I didn't post this sooner, but, I was kind of busy. Anyways, just to let you all know, Zechs *isn't* Relena's brother.<grin> I hope you all enjoy.


~Sanq Kingdom~

Everyone was gathered in Heero's room once more. Heero opened the box easily and pulled out the papers. The papers were fine, even in their brittle condition. Heero split the papers into three seperate parts, and handed one to Trowa and Wufei. They made themselves comfortable, Trowa was leaning against the wall, Quatre was useing Trowa's lap as a pillow and resting. Wufei sat on a chair, the papers spread before him on the mahogany desk. Heero was leaning against the end of the bed and Duo was lying flat on his stomache ontop of the bed, his chin resting atop Heero's shoulder.

Duo frowned when he looked at the papers. He had forgotten that he couldn't read that language. Duo nuzzled Heero's neck playfully for awhile until Heero told him he needed to stop because he couldn't concentrate. Duo flipped over, staring at the ceiling. There was a large crystal chandlier at the top, white candles seated all around and glowing.

Duo's eyes roamed over the ceiling. The ceiling was made out of marble and there were light blue swirls all around. Duo used his imagination for a little while, making out shapes and animals, but he quickly grew bored. It was to quiet!

He jumped off the bed and opened the door quietly. He glanced at Heero, and Heero's blue eyes flickered with concern. Duo smiled reassuringly and mouthed, ' I'll be back ' Heero's mouth opened, but apparantly he thought better of it. Duo smiled proadly, Heero was finally learning that he could take care of himself.

Closing the door shut, Duo walked around the halls. It was different from the Dark Kingdom, there weren't alot of guards stationed at different rooms, and most of the doors remained opened. Not wanting to bump into Relena, Duo decided to look around the town.

The town was quiet. People were walking around and speaking with eachother quietly. And they were all in segregated groups. Duo could recognize the vampires from the humans. Not from their clothes, they were all dressed like they were from the 18th century, but from their movements. The vampires seemed to be enjoying frightening the humans. The humans were walking cautiously and carefully, and they were all in groups. Not one human was alone.

Duo spotted Zechs and Treize, the two were sitting outside what appeared to be a pub. Frothy drinks were set before them, and they were talking quietly. Duo made his way over and took a seat. Grinning, he asked a worker for a drink.

" What's up guys? " Duo asked cheerfully. Glad for someone to conversate with.

" Did Prince Heero and Prince Trowa decide what they were going to do now? " Zechs asked.

Duo looked around, making sure that no one could hear. He didn't know if Heero wanted to keep this a secret or not, but Heero would tell these two eventually. " Their looking over the old documents " Duo shrugged. He didn't really know *what* they were looking for, but obviously it was important.

" The old documents? How did they get that? " Treize asked.

" They went back to the Dark Kingdom, they just got back " Duo replied. He took a sip of his beer and smiled. He loved the taste of beer for some reason, it was an aquired taste.

" They what! They went back alone! " Zechs exclaimed inspite himself. Treize shot him a look, and Zechs quieted, " Why did they go back themselves? Didn't they realize how dangerous that was? "

" Their okay, " Duo said, " Heero can take care of himself "

" I know, but if Dekims soldiers had arrived, what would they have done? " Treize asked.

Duo held up his hands in surrendor, " Hey, i'm not Heero. I didn't even know that they went to the Dark Kingdom until they came back "

Treize and Zechs quieted, knowing that scolding their Prince's koi would do nothing.

" How are the soldiers doing? And the villagers? " Duo asked looking around.

" The villagers were okay once they fed, " Treize reported, " And the soldiers should be recovered in a few days "

" What about the vampire hunters? How are they adapting to the situation? "

" They aren't happy i'll say that, " Zechs replied, " Atleast they haven't been running around with stakes yet "

" Yet? " Duo asked.

" I don't think they'll *try* anything unless their provoked, but it won't be long until a fight starts out " Zechs explained.

Duo nodded his head. That made sense. With two enemies in the same place, it wouldn't take very long until a fight broke out. But then again, had they stayed at the Dark Kingdom, they probably would have died.

Duo rubbed his foot against the ground. He could feel the small pebbles vibrate against his foot. Man, it was so boring in the Sanq Kingdom. Actually, it was boring being without Heero. Zechs and Treize weren't much conversationalist. They only wanted to talk about the battles and their plans. Maybe he could wake Quatre up, he had spotted a pool in Relena Peace of crap's castle. Duo smiled. He liked that name.

Duo excused himself from Zechs and Treize and returned to the castle. However, when he entered, the very person he wanted to avoid was standing there. Accompanied by two large soldiers.

Relena smiled as Duo entered. Now she could take care of this braided baka.

*************************************************************************************************

Heero had found some interesting things in the documents. He realized that he could increase his powers just by drinking more blood. Lot's and lot's of blood. There were so many different powers he could use if he had the strength. Heero had found some interesting things for Trowa as well. He was writing the spells and potions down on seperate sheet of paper. In their old language of course. He didn't want anyone stumbling upon them.

" Listen to this, " Wufei announced from his chair. He turned around to face everyone, the document blocking his face while he read. " In the year AC 001, three kingdoms had been formed. The Wiches, The Vampires, and The Humans could no longer co-exist. They each declared war against eachother, useing their most powerful attacks. Due to the war, the world was almost destroyed. The ancients decided to put an end to such power. Sealing it off for good. The old powers were used to protect the people from the outside world. But when the kingdoms began putting spells upon their portals, the ancients decided such power was no longer needed. "

" 3 ancients gathered together, one from each kingdom. Standing together they decided with such power free to the people, it would end up destroying our world. It was banished, no one knows how the powers were sealed, or how to unseal the powers. " Wufei put the papers down and looked at his prince's.

Heero glanced at Trowa, and then Wufei, " Who were those three ancients? "

Wufei looked over the document, " Ron Shirin from the witches, Marquis Weridge from the vampires, and Daigo Onnegal from the humans "

Trowa sat thoughtfully, " I wonder why the humans decided to become vampire hunters "

" Maybe because King J burnt down the Sanq Kingdom " Quatre said sleepily. The small blond sat up, surprising everyone in the room.

Heero nodded with agreement, " Yes, I don't think that the humans had always been vampire hunters "

" I suggest we look for these three ancients, " Wufei suggested, " Perhaps they can provide us with some information "

" Yeah, we should start looking tomorrow, " Trowa said with a yawn, " But what about Dekim? Do you think he'll begin to attack soon? "

Heero sat quietly for a moment and then sighed, " If he attacks now we don't stand a chance. Even if we've joined forces with Sanq Kingdom. I'm sure that Une has been increasing her powers. All we can do is find these three ancients, and try to figure out our own powers as well "

Trowa and Wufei nodded with agreement. " Well, we should get some rest. We should leave as soon as possible " Trowa said standing, helping Quatre up as well.

" Where should we start looking? " Heero asked, turning to Wufei.

" We should try Mt.Peacemillion, " Wufei said, " Alot of the ancients moved up there decades ago"

Heero nodded, and Wufei, Trowa, and Quatre left the room. Heero sat down on the bed, looking around the danity room. Where was Duo? It had been awhile since his lover had left the room.

*************************************************************************************************

Duo stared at the large men with narrowed eyes. And then he turned to Relena, " What do you want Relena? "

Relena smirked and motioned for the guards to grab Duo, " I want Heero " she said simply.

The two men stood beside Duo and grabbed his arms. Their grips were locked onto his arms tightly, and anger flared up inside Duo. He glared at Relena, and watched her retreating back while he was dragged down to the dungeons. Duo resisted the urge to giggle. These three had no idea what they were dealing with.

Duo could tell that the men were human. He could smell them, Duo scrunched his nose in distaste. These guys wouldn't be a problem. Didn't Relena know that he was a vampire? Obviously not. Relena swung the doors open and Duo was pulled into the room.

Duo looked around. Taking in his surroundings. The dungeon was similar to Dekims, a large amount of cells ran down the side. Metal bars and hay on the concrete floor. Small windows with bars, and no lighting. Just like Dekims. Only moonlight flooded the room.

Idiots, all of them. Duo thought. Duo had another advantage, he could see much better than they could. Curious as to what Relena was going to do to him, he didn't fight back. Instead, he allowed himself to be dragged to the back of the room.

Relena stopped when she reached the back. She motioned for one of the guards to release Duo and open the secret chamber, while the other held Duo firmly in place. Or so the guard thought.

" What are you doing Relena? " Duo asked calmly.

Relena giggled, " What does it look like i'm doing? I'm locking you away. By the time you are released, Heero and I will be married "

Duo's anger mounted some more. " Why would he want to marry you? "

" Why wouldn't he? " Relena replied, she combed her fingers through her hair and smiled, " I have so much to offer him. Nothing you could possibly give him "

Duo gritted his teeth, " Oh really? " And then Duo smiled, a slow and crazy smile, " It seems Queen Relena, that you truly are an idiot "

The guard holding Duo tightened his grip, and Duo turned to the man slowly. " Let go of me "

The man chuckled, and Duo sighed, " I said to let go of me. If you let go, I won't kill you "

" Kill me? " The man mocked. He was silenced by Duo's arm wrenching free, and his hand slamming into the mans face. Duo's palm pressed against his nose, breaking it, and shoving the bone into the mans head, killing him instantly.

The man dropped to the floor, and Duo looked up just in time to move out of the way from the other man. The man flew past him, and slammed into the cell bars. Duo laughed at the mans stupidity, he had knocked himself unconsious.

Duo turned to a frightened and shocked Relena, " As I was saying, your an idiot. Didn't you do your research? I thought you were a Queen. Aren't you supposed to plan things out before you attack? If you had, you would have realized that i'm not human "

Duo let his fangs descend, " I'm *far* from being human " Duo added. He licked his lips as Relena pressed herself against the wall. Duo felt the wild animal hunger once more. The fire in his chest, the acheing in his canines.

But Duo had to resist, Relena was the Queen after all. What would happen if he killed her? His thoughts were interrupted however when Relena suddenly rushed him. Pushing him back and pushing all of her weight on him. The wind was knocked out of him, and he struggled to regain his breath. The unconsious guard began to slowly pick himself off of the floor. Shaking his head in surprise and caught sight of his queen holding down a momentarily paralyzed vampire.

He jumped to his feet and pulled out the sword from his belt. He lifted it over his head, yelling for Relena to get out of the way, and lowered it swiftly. Duo watched with wide eyes as the sword came down. However, Relena's foot slipped as she tried to scramble away, and fell back onto Duo. Taking the blow for him.

Relena's scream echoed throughout the dungeon. Duo was sure that it echoed throughout the entire kingdom as well. Blood gushed out all over Duo, soaking him throughly. Finally, the scream began to fade. Leaving his sensitive ears ringing. Relena's eyes were opened wide, and she was staring at Duo. Blood dripping down the side of her mouth. Duo felt strange, he didn't know why, but he felt sorry for her. Perhaps it was because Duo knew that she hadn't *intended* to hurt Duo. She just wanted him out of the way.

Duo hadn't even realized what he had said until after he said it. He had told her he was sorry. Surprise flickered through Relena's eyes, and slowly, a weak smile formed on her bloody lips. She swallowed a couple of times, trying to find her voice, and managed to whisper, " *I'm* sorry " And then her eyes slowly slid shut. Her body slumped against Duo's, and he felt the last of her breath leave her body.

Duo looked up, her guard was standing there in disbelief. His sword still lodged in Relena's body. His eyes met Duo's, and then the man rushed him. Duo scrambled out of the way quickly, Relena's lifeless body falling off of him. Duo jumped to his feet, prepared to defend himself. The man attacked him once again. He hadn't bothered to grab his sword and attacked with his hands. When the man rushed forward, both arms stretched out infront of him, Duo grabbed him and flipped him over his shoulder. The man fell to the floor with a sick snap. Duo turned around, the man had landed on his head, and his neck had snapped.

Duo looked around the room. Adrenaline still pumping through his veins. Three dead bodies, two guards, one queen, and a bloody vampire. Duo took off, heading straight for Heero's room.

*************************************************************************************************

Heero was lying on his bed, tossing and turning. He was trying to go to sleep but he was to worried about Duo. Where was he? Does he know how worried I am?

As if on que, the doors swung open, and an extremely disheveled and bloody Duo entered the room. He slammed the doors closed and rushed to Heero's side. " Heero! Heero, you have to come with me!" Duo exclaimed pulling on his lovers arm and dragging him out of bed.

Heero was momentarily shocked, and finally his senses came back to him, " Duo? Are you alright? What happened? "

Heero allowed Duo to pull him out of bed, and then he was pulling him out the door. Not even noticing that he was dragging his koi through the halls, clad only in his boxers. Heero followed in confusion, Duo wasn't telling him anything. There was an anxious look in his face, blood was completely soaked through all his clothes, and he was pulling Heero down the stairs.

Finally, Heero found himself standing infront of Relena's dungeons. The doors were wide open, and when Duo pulled him inside, he shut the doors behind him. Heero looked around in confusion. But towards the back of the room, Heero made out three large lumps lying face down on the floor.

Heero made his way toward the back quickly. Duo stood at the other end. Not wanting to get any closer. Heero looked down, there were two men, both were dead. And one woman. A woman with long blond hair, and a bloody dress. A bloody dress that Heero knew had at one time, been pink.

Heero faced his lover with wide eyes, " Duo? What happened? "

" I-I don't know! " Duo exclaimed, completely irrational, " Relena was going to lock me up in that chamber! So I...I attacked them. But...I didn't kill her! "

Heero walked over to his lover, he ignored Duo's blood soaked clothes and wrapped him in his arms comfortingly. Duo was trembleing and Heero whispered soothing words in his ear. Slowly, Duo began to relax, and he told Heero exactly what had happened.

*************************************************************************************************

Everyone was gathered in Heero's room yet again. All had been sleepy after first, but after hearing the news, all were wide awake.

" What are we going to do? " Quatre asked finally.

" It's not a question of what we're going to do, " Trowa said, " It's, what are the vampire hunters going to do? "

" The vampire hunters can't really do anything, " Heero replied, " And they'll know it "

" Don't you think we should tell someone? " Quatre asked.

They all sat in silence once again. Each having their own thoughts about the situation. Duo leaned against Heero for support. He had a fresh bath and was now dressed in clean clothes. Provided by the former queens closet. Heero rubbed his arm reassuringly, and then Quatre spoke up once again, " Maybe we should tell Abdul "

Trowa nodded, " Yes, perhaps Abdul would be the best person to tell "

Heero shrugged. He didn't really care who they told. They couldn't do anything about it. Trowa and Quatre got up, excusing themselves, and headed out the door. Wufei leaned against the wall, " Don't you think our lives are full of enough surprises already? "

No one answered. Duo's head was throbbing, he didn't know if he could handle much more of this. He was sure he would be traumatized by this for the rest of his life. And being a vampire, he had a long life ahead of him indeed.

Heero sensed Duo's tension, and delicately placed his koi between his legs. He rubbed Duo's shoulders, massaging him gently. Duo smiled, immediately relaxing against his lovers touch. Heero was so good to him. Duo slowly let his eyelids close. His adrenaline had given way to exhaustion. And before he knew it, he had fallen asleep during his lovers massage.

Duo's soft body fell back against Heero's chest. Heero looked down at his sleeping angel and pushed the bangs out of his face. He wrapped his arms around Duo protectively while his koi dozed.

The doors opened, and Heero looked up annoyed at the sudden intrusion. He looked at his lover to make sure that he hadn't been awoken, but Duo still laid there, undisturbed.

Trowa, Quatre, and Abdul immediately quieted. Wufei and Sally stood up, and Heero motioned for them to leave the room. He mouthed to Trowa to tell him what happened in the morning. Heero didn't want to leave Duo's side. Not only to protect him, but to be there in case Duo woke up.

Heero scooped Duo up into his arms, and placed him delicately into the bed. He slid in next to him, pulling the covers over them. He wrapped an arm around Duo's waist and listened to his lovers breathing until he too fell asleep.

*************************************************************************************************

The others were seated in Relena's library. Abdul sat on the couch, listening to every word carefully.

" So Queen Relena is dead? " Abdul said with a sigh. He leaned back and closed his eyes.

" It was an accident, " Quatre said, " Duo wasn't actually the one who killed her "

Abdul shook his head, " It's like a said before. Relena doesn't think things through, and now, she's paid the ulitimate price for it "

" So who's going to become ruler now? " Trowa asked.

Abdul shrugged, " I don't know. Relena has no heir to the throne......"

" What about that brother of hers? " Wufei asked.

Abdul shrugged again, " He's either dead, or he's missing. If he's missing, I don't think he'd remember. If he did, I would think that he would have come back to claim his throne "

" What's going to happen to the Sanq Kingdom? " Quatre asked.

" The Sanq Kingdom will probably go down, " Abdul replied, " We have no ruler....unless...."

Abdul brightened, and he looked at Quatre, " Unless...you pretend to be the lost prince "

" ME?! " Quatre exclaimed in shock, " I don't think so "

" Why not? " Abdul challenged, " You could pass as the prince. I thought you were the prince myself "

" But i'm *not* the prince "

Abdul looked at Trowa, " I believe that Master Quatre would be perfect for the job. He's level headed and he has a kind heart, it's something our people need "

" Why can't Prince Heero and Prince Trowa just take over? " Wufei asked. He was rewarded by a punch in the arm from Sally, " What? "

" Heero and I do not wish to rule the Sanq Kingdom, " Trowa replied, " We can't have the vampires and the humans mixed together. And I personally don't want to turn the humans into a blood bank "

Abdul looked at Trowa in surprise, " But, will prince Heero agree to that? "

" My brother isn't *that* cold hearted " Trowa said in defense, " Anyway, I think Quatre would be the perfect ruler for the Sanq Kingdom "

Quatre's blue eyes widened as he stared as his lover, " Trowa? I can't. I don't belong on a throne "

" The Sanq Kingdom needs someone to look up to " Trowa said calmly, " And you koi, you are the perfect candidate "

" But- " Quatre began but was quickly cut off by Abdul.

" Atleast until we find someone else to take over " Abdul said.

Quatre looked at Trowa again, and Trowa nodded encouragingly. Quatre sighed and slowly nodded his head, " Alright "

Abdul smiled, " Thank you Master Quatre. I will inform *your* kingdom of the Queens death at once "

Abdul stood up and walked over to the door, he paused before he opened it, and turned back to Quatre, " Also, don't tell anyone that you are not really Queen Relena's brother "

Quatre nodded silently and Abdul left the room. He slumped against Trowa in exhaustion and Trowa gathered him into his arms. " Let's *really* call this a night now " Trowa said, Wufei and Sally nodded in agreement, and they left for their rooms once more. However this time, they were not distrurbed.

*************************************************************************************************

~Morning~

Heero and Duo sat infront of the Sanq Kingdoms castle in shock. They were waiting for 'Quatre's' stable boys to bring them their horses. The Sanq Kingdoms villagers were surprised at Queen Relena's death, and excited for their new ruler. But, the villagers didn't know that Quatre was Trowa's lover. Abdul had decided against announcing that. He had told the people that Relena had commited suicide when she realized her brother had returned, and she would no longer be ruler.

The villagers seemed to accept that, and welcomed Quatre with open arms. Quatre was forced to stay at the castle, he needed to talk with the Sanq Kingdom's top officials. So Trowa asked Zechs and Treize to watch over his blond prince while he was gone. However, Treize insisted that he escort them to Mt.Peacemillion. He didn't want to chance *his* rulers getting killed. Of course, Zechs and Treize had been told the truth about what happened to Relena. And they actually patted Duo on the back for it.

" Hee-chan, do you think....i'm responsible for Relena's death? " Duo asked quietly.

Heero turned to his lover, Duo looked miserable, " Of course not. It was Relena's own fault "

Heero pulled Duo into his arms. Hugging his love tightly. " Don't blame yourself " Heero murmured softly. He placed a gentle kiss on Duo's neck, and Duo leaned back gratefully.

The sound of approaching horses brought them to their feet. And they were joined quickly by Wufei, Trowa, and Treize. All ready to go.

Duo patted Deathscythe on the neck affectionatly, and the horse bobbed his head. Happy to see his rider. Duo quickly mounted and followed the others out the gates.

" Where is Mt.Peacemillion anyway? " Duo asked curiously once they were outside the kingdom's walls.

" It's about a day away, " Heero replied, " It's right over there, " Duo looked up to where Heero pointed. There was a large mountain far off in the distance. It was completely green, kind of like an extremely large grassy hill. Duo smiled, it felt good to get out of the Sanq Kingdom. The open land around him lifted his spirits.

He figured being surrounded by walls kinda made you feel like a caged animal. The sky was beautiful, it was a clear blue and a few white cloads were scattered all around. He nudged Deathscythe with his heels gently, and he broke into a canter.

Heero watched with a smile as Duo took off infront of them, his braid bouncing off his back. He was glad Duo was feeling better and sucked in a breath of fresh air. Heero quickly realized that when Duo was happy, he was happy.



To be continued..........

Yay, another chapter done. I hope that wasn't boring. I'm sorry if you were offended by Relena's death. Hopefully, i'll have the next chapter up soon. And i'm sorry about all the misspelled words. I know there's alot. Anyway, don't forget to tell me what you think. ^_^


Dia-chan
On To Chapter 15

Back to Heero + Duo
Back to Quatre + Trowa
Back to Multiple Pairings

Back to Main Archive