The Christmas Blues
By: Lady Tyria

The Christmas Blues

Well, here's another one of my X-mas presents to Ami-chan, which I have borrowed from her to type out for the enjoyment of all. (You). So, here it is, The Christmas BLues...

I lie on the guest-room bed, staring up at the ceiling. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow at all.
I know I should be. After all, tomorrow is Christmas and the other Gundam Pilots and I are all spending the Holliday with the girls at Quatra's huge arabian mansion.
Not exactly a white Christmas, but sand is pretty close to snow.
Some people might think I'm down because everyone has someone except me. After all, the only girl who isn't taken is my sister, but Quatra's not exactly enjoying the company of Miss Stabs-alot (Dorothy Catalonia.), and I'm _sure_ Heero's not enjoying Miss Stalks-alot (Raleena PeaceCraft.).
Actually, what I'm down about is my best friend Quatra himself. No matter what I get him for Christmas, I know his gift will totally out class mine.
He _is_ a billionaire and I _am_ a travelling clown. There's a slight difference.
There comes a light rapping at the door to my room. "Come in."
Quatra opens the door gently and peers inside. "Trowa, aren't you gonna come join the celebrations? It's Christmas eve!"
"No."
"Is something wrong?" Quatra comes all the way in and closes the door.
"No."
"Well, _I_ have a problem, mind if I talk to you about it?" He asks me.
"No."
The angelic Quatra has a problem? Heero probably shot someone. Most likely Raleena.
"Y'see, i have a psycopathic, war-loving girl who _refuses_ to leave me alone, and my best friend is sitting around his room moping.
"I also have a chinese sexist _constently getting into arguments with the feminist pacifist ex-Queen-of-the-Earth and my best friend's sister practising her knife throwing on Rashid.
"I have the 'perfect soldier' practicing his gun shots on my good china and Duo. You don't even _want_ to know about Duo. I can't stand it. But you know what?" He pauses for a moment as I look at him and wait for him to continue. "It's Christmas, so I'm gonna humor them and I gnore the property damage. I'm about to go play some carols on my violin, and hope things calm down. Hope you chance your mind, music always sound better when it's a duet. Merry Christmas.

I walk into the ballroom. Everyone is singin along cheerfully as Quatra carefully plucks out the tune to "Silent Night".
I work my way through the crowd, and I stand near the end of the stage, watching. Someone taps my soldier and turn around.
The "Psycopathic, war-loving girl who refuses to leave Quatra alone" is standing there behind me.
"Quatra said that when you came down, you might want this." SHe pulls out my flute from behind her back and hands it to me.
Quatra smiles as I join him on the riser.

Well, now it's Christmas morning and the moment I've dreaded is here. Quatra opens my present in front of everyone. It's the clown mask I wore at the circus.
"Trowa?"
"They're raising me from a clown to an Acrobat. I won't need that mask anymore." Quatra smiles broadly and gives me a friendly hug as thanks.
Next, I open his present to me. Inside is a CD, and a note.
The note read: I'm such a procrastinator. I didn't make this until last night! This CD is a recording of all the music we played last night so that I knew this would be a Christmas I would never forget.
I thought that with all my money, something from the heart would mean more than the most expensive gift. After all, Christmas is about friends, not who has the most money. Enjoy!
Quatra Raberba Winner

There, I'm happy. So it's alittle sappy, and so it's a little short, it's true. C&C always appreciated. Ta!
Tyria

Back to Quarte + Trowa

Back to Main Archive