Willing Slave Chapter 9
By: KC

Willing Slave

Warnings: shonen ai, yaoi, violence, tiny tiny implied yuri,

Setting: Alternative Universe, in a fantasy past

Disclaimers: Gundam Wing characters belong to Mixx Entertainment, Koichi Tokita, the SOTSU Agency, Sunrise, Kodansha and anyone I may have forgotten, not to me. I make no money off of this.

Duo stared over the folded outfit draped over the bed he shared with Heero, cautiously fingering the fine fabric. Deathly afraid he might accidentally tear the dark material, he held up the top by the shoulders and looked over it. At first glance, it seemed to be black, but whenever the light hit it just so, a violet shimmer ran over the surface. The pants were made of the same cloth, but they were much lighter, almost gauzy, and they flared out around his hips. Beside them were a pair of black slippers with purple flowers embroidered along the sides.

"I'm gonna look like a harem slave," he sighed to himself. A grin broke over his face. "Oh, that's right. I am one." Knowing there was nothing else for him, he gingerly put each piece on. The shirt fit rather loosely, and the fabric bunched at the wrists and flowed again with another four or five inches of material over the hands and fingers. The shirt also gathered at the waist, with enough excess cloth to completely cover his rear, which was a good thing since he found that the pants were needlessly tight, save where they flared out. Once he put on the slippers, he looked in the mirror in the adjoining room, faintly admiring himself.

"Gotta admit, I look pretty good," he said to his reflection. "Wish I could see what the back of me looked like."

As soon as he finished saying that, the glass shimmered and rippled, and then he was no longer staring at his face. Instead the mirror displayed his back as clearly as if he'd merely turned around. His hair, still damp but now braided, dangled around his hips. He wiggled a bit, and his reflection wiggled with him.

"Cool," he grinned. "I bet Wufei did this, too."

At the mention of Wufei's name, however, the reflection shimmered again, and now he could see the Chinese sorcerer fast asleep in bed, his dragon nestled by his side. A few seconds later, Treize came into view, walking slowly into the room as he pulled his uniform off, tossing it onto the dresser. The tall captain gently roused Wufei, who blinked up with unfocused eyes and gave a little nod to Treize's question. Unable to hear them speak, Duo watched, fascinated, while Treize left and returned with a glass of water. He had to help Wufei sit up, and he held the glass to his lips, letting him take small sips. Wufei leaned against Treize, his head falling onto his lover's chest. Despite his obvious exhaustion, Treize smiled.

"That's enough," Duo mumbled, feeling like he was intruding. "No wonder everyone's so open with Heero. He can spy on anybody."

He heard a knock at the door, so he left the blank mirror and headed to the door, opening it cautiously. "Yes?"

Some random guard that he didn't recognize stood before him, each hand holding a different bag. "I have orders to deliver these directly to you, sir."

After the earlier assassination attempt, Duo didn't let him in. "Orders from who?"

"Straight from his highness, Prince Heero," the guard said automatically.

Duo narrowed his eyes. "What's the password?"

Of course there was no password, but then he wasn't about to take strange bags from someone who could easily be here to kill him. At best, he hoped the guard would be puzzled, which would mean he was honest. If he gave a fake password, he was not to be trusted.

"His highness said, if you asked, to tell you that it isn't anything that will relax you." The guard obviously didn't understand the reference, but Duo broke into a grin and reached for the bags.

"Yup, that's Heero. Thank you!" he laughed, surprised by the heavy weight. "I wonder what he sent me."

The guard turned and left, and Duo locked the door again. He placed the bags on the table, then noticed that one of them had a note attached. He frowned.

"I...can't read," he whispered sadly. Now he couldn't tell what his master wanted, and Heero might get angry and hit him...

"Duo, listen."

Duo gasped and dropped the note. It fluttered to the table, and when it came to rest, Heero's bodiless voice started up again.

"In one of these bags is the jewelry to match your clothing. If you need help placing it, call a guard and tell them to bring you Lady Une. Show the note and she'll come."

"The note...it's talking!" Duo gasped, poking at it.

"The second bag contains candy. I wasn't sure what type you liked, so there's some of every type from the market. Don't eat it all now, I don't want you sick before the banquet."

"Wow...I wonder if Wufei did this spell, too."

"Duo, stop gawking at this note. My brother should be here in a few hours. Get moving."

Duo blinked at the final message. "Geez, not a week here and he already knows me." He emptied the jewelry on the table and stared at the strange bits of twisted metal and amethyst stones. With a little groan, he grabbed the note and headed for the door.

"Um...hello?" he called out into the hall. "Anyone there?" He sighed nervously. He didn't want to leave the room to find someone, he'd probably get lost, and besides, Heero had ordered him to stay in that room. "Guard!"

The sound of armor clanked from out of sight, and a moment later the same guard reappeared rushing towards him. "Yes, sir?"

"Um...could you take this note to Lady Une and tell her I need to see her right away?"

Without bothering to check the note or ask questions, the guard took the slip of paper, nodded with a crisp "yes, sir!" and trotted off down the hall. Duo felt somewhat sorry that he was bothering so many people, but when he went back to the table and discovered the variety of candies Heero had procured for him, his spirits soared.

Several minutes later, just as he was finishing off his third gumdrop, Lady Une walked into his room. "Duo, you really should lock this door," she said, closing it behind her. "You never know who's roaming through the halls."

"I'm okay in here," Duo argued lightly, talking around the lump of candy in his mouth. "Wufei made such a scene no one's gonna try to break in for awhile." He was somewhat surprised at her appearance. Just about everyone he'd seen in the palace was dressed in military uniforms, but Lady Une wore only a soft blue dress with matching shoes, her hair loose around her shoulders with a small pin on the side.

Lady Une chuckled and nodded. "You're probably right. I'm guessing from the note that you need help with the jewelry."

"I didn't mean to bother you," Duo nodded and pointed at the heap of adornments on the table. "It's just I've never seen anything like this before. I have no idea where things go, and Heero expects me up and ready to go really soon." He twisted his braid nervously. "I really don't wanna look like a total idiot in front of his family."

Lady Une smiled and sat down across from him, pushing her hair out of her face. "Don't worry too much about that. Trowa's quiet, but he's really kind, and Quatre...well, everyone loves Quatre. You'll be fine." She proceeded to untangle the mess of silver chains and set out a choker made of chains set in a web pattern with amethysts at the corners, followed by several matching bracelets and a set of earrings made from drops of dark jade, black and purple ribbons, plus a few other items he couldn't recognize.

"Okay, we'll start with the necklace," she said, unclasping the chain and fitting it snugly around his throat, adjusting it slightly so it wouldn't cinch his skin when he moved. "How's that feel?"

"Cold," he admitted. "But it doesn't hurt."

"Good, if it does get uncomfortable, remember it's adjustable. Just ask Heero or Quatre to redo it for you." Lady Une picked up a spiral bracelet and eased it up his arm, over his sleeve, until it rested securely above his bicep. She added a slave bracelet to the same arm, clamping the silvery band around his wrist and pulling his finger back gently so she could get the attached ring on. On the left hand, she placed a handful of thin, silver bangles that chimed noisily. Each one had to be attached separately, since the clasps tightened so that they couldn't be slid off his wrist.

"Keep that arm close to your side so you don't make so much noise, and at the banquet, keep your arm in your lap. You won't need it, and you don't want to rattle them."

Duo stared at them and realized he couldn't undo them with just one hand. "These are supposed to make noise," he said. "So people can tell where I am."

She nodded once. "Yeah...since you belong to Heero, you're not allowed to sneak around. Quatre has to wear them, too." She scooted her chair back a few inches. "Here, put your foot up."

He complied, and she wrapped a jade anklet above his slipper. Once that was done, she rose and moved behind him, undoing his braid again.

"Hey, I just did that!" Duo complained. "It takes forever to do it from the front."

"Relax, I need to braid in those ribbons," she shushed him. Duo sighed and popped another gumdrop, wincing every time she pulled his hair back. She was braiding it tighter than he was used to, and the ribbons felt strange as she ran them through his hair. Ten minutes later, she finally used the ends remaining to make a bow to keep it all in place.

"Uh-oh."

Duo looked up at her. "Uh-oh? What do you mean, uh-oh?"

"Your ears aren't pierced," Lady Une grumbled.

"Of course not," he defended himself. "They get in the way when you're trying to steal."

She laughed despite her irritation. "Oh, so the rumors about you are true!"

"What rumors?" he wondered. "Are people talking about me?"

"Certainly people are talking. You're the first slave Heero's ever called by name, you even saved his life! Everyone wants to know what you look like." While she spoke, she picked up a long, sharp pin from the table, which had apparently been supplied with his earrings in mind. "Now hold still."

"What?!" he cried, standing and backing away from her. "You're not gonna stick me with that!"

She placed one hand on her hip. "Look, every slave must have their ears pierced. You must wear earrings."

"But it's so long," Duo whined. "And sharp!"

"I promise it won't hurt," she said, moving closer.

"But...but..." he mumbled as he backed farther away.

Lady Une frowned, and her tone grew stone cold. "Duo, you're overreacting. This won't hurt, there won't even be any blood. But there will be if you move around while I do this. Trust me, you don't want to see me mad."

Shoulders lowering in defeat, he stepped back to her and tilted his head to the side. "It won't hurt?"

She smiled, her voice warming up instantly again. "You'll only feel a little tug."

Duo screwed his eyes tight. She tilted his head to the other side, and he was certain she had decided to do the other one first. He clenched his hands, waiting for the pain to hit.

"All done!"

His eyes opened wide. "You did it already?"

She giggled and set the pin aside, picking up the earrings. "I told you that you were overreacting, silly."

Weight suddenly pulled gently on each ear, and he reached up to feel the stones hanging from little hooks. "Wow. That was so quick. Is there anything else?"

She shook her head. "No, that's all. Now don't do anything to mess yourself up, especially that braid. And be careful not to get those earrings caught on anything." She gave him a little kiss on the cheek. "Just remember, when you're at the banquet, just do exactly what Quatre is doing. And don't eat until Quatre starts to eat."

Duo nodded. "Do I always have to dress up like this for dinner?"

"Only when Heero wants you to. You really don't have it rough. At least you don't have to worry about make up and body designs or--perfume! I can't believe I almost forgot that!" She rummaged around in the sack Heero had sent and found a tiny bottle that hadn't fallen out before. "Now he does like this perfume, as long as you don't use very much. Just a little dab behind your ears..." she unscrewed the top and eased a drop onto her finger, applying it beside the earrings. Another drop was spread between both wrists. "Your slippers are scented, too, so don't run in the dirt or in a puddle."

Duo sighed like a bored child. "I think I liked it better when I didn't have any clothes...where am I gonna put all this stuff?"

Lady Une blinked. "He didn't show you...? You have your own little jewelry box and drawer. See?" She pointed out the small wooden box and miniature table in the corner. "You put all your things there." With a little gasp she noticed how far the sun had progressed over the horizon. "Oh, I need to go. Sally said she needed help mixing some new poultices."

Duo, entranced by the thought of having his own possessions again, smiled vaguely at her. "That's okay. Thanks for helping me so much. Have fun with Sally."

She blushed as she headed for the door. "I'm sure I will. Take care, Duo. Lock the door, won't you?"

"All right, if you insist." Once she was gone, he rushed to the little box and carefully opened it, examining each tiny drawer and the revolving notches meant to hold necklaces. A shallow but deep drawer opened up from the table. Wanting to start filling them up, he pulled the chair over, along with the items on the table. He folded the empty sack up and placed it at the bottom drawer, setting the fragile perfume bottle on top of it. The sack of candy was set in the table drawer, and he put the earring pin in the middle drawer.

He absently scratched at one of the earrings and lowered his head to the table, letting his eyes close slightly. It would be a few hours before Heero came to get him, and the early morning assassination attempt left him sleepier than he'd like. "Probably have dark circles under my eyes," he mumbled. Now that he had nothing to worry about for awhile, his drowsy muscles were catching up to him. Within minutes, he was asleep.

He wasn't sure what woke him, but he did grumble at waking up out of a dream involving him, Heero, and nothing else. With a tired sigh, he sat up, hardly refreshed by his nap. He didn't even know how long he'd been out. His gaze fell on his open jewelry box, and he smiled lazily.

"I wonder if Heero will give me anything else..." he wondered to himself.

"I will if you keep behaving so well."

Duo whirled, startled by the familiar voice. "Heero!" His prince was standing right beside him, and he hadn't even noticed. "How long were you watching me?"

Heero brushed his cheek with the back of his knuckles, softly fingering the earrings. "Long enough to know that black and purple are your best colors." He stroked the braid, wrapped in ribbons, and placed a kiss on his forehead. "And that you're an angel when you're asleep."

Duo grinned and winked. "I know better than to ask what I'm like when I'm awake."

"The same," Heero said bluntly. "Just more talkative." He held the braid up, playing with the end. "You should never be allowed to cut your hair."

"Never?" Duo whispered. "Not even if I need someone to help carry it?"

"Baka," Heero shook his head. "You just can't have it shorter. I'll let it grow down below your thighs. I'll never need rope to tie you up."

That simple statement sent shivers across Duo's skin, and he leaned against Heero's hand. "Is that what we'll be doing tonight?"

"I doubt it. No toys for tonight. Tomorrow, perhaps. Once I think you're ready for them." He took his hand and brought him up to his feet. "My brother's caravan has been sighted. He'll be here in a few minutes, and we should be down to meet him."

Duo nodded obediently and walked beside him, noting that he had also dressed up. Heero wore dark, dark green outfit which appeared black, and the matching cape clasped at each shoulder loosely, so that they both drooped indecently low. To think he would be caressing that exposed skin in a few hours...

Down, Duo, he told himself. "Is Wufei better?" he asked, trying to sound less distracted than he felt.

Heero smirked and glanced sideways at him. "I know you found out about the mirror."

Duo paled and his hands instantly rose to protect his cheeks from any slaps. "It was an accident. I just said I'd like to see how I looked from behind, and it showed me, and when I said Wufei must have done the spell--"

"Calm down, I'm not angry," Heero said. "I know what happened. I was watching you from another mirror."

"Are all of them spelled like that?" Duo asked.

Heero shook his head. "Just the ones I have access to and know about. And yes, Wufei will be in attendance. He is one of Quatre's closest friends, after all."

"Really?" Duo said, intrigued by the discovered relationship. "Was he his sorcerer, too?"

Heero nodded. "Until he met Treize. We're here."

Duo looked around at the huge room he found himself in. It had the same mosaic patterns as every other room, but this place was large enough to carry an echo. Tapestries hung from the walls, and carpets lined the floor. Two mammoth wooden doors were flung wide open before them, giving Duo a clear view past the crystal clear moat that circled the palace, dozens of guards around the lowered drawbridge, and the rising gate along the white wall that completed the palace's seclusion from the rest of the city.

And coming in on a pair of horses were two boys leading a long trail of packhorses and men that were quietly shunted off to the stables on the side.

"I guess that's them," Duo said to himself, and he followed a step behind Heero as they walked forward to meet them.


On To Chapter 10

Back to Heero + Duo
Back to Quatre + Trowa
Back to Wufei + Other
Back to Multiple Pairings

Back to Main Archive