Willing Slave Chapter 6
By: KC

Willing Slave

Warnings: shonen ai, yaoi, violence, tiny tiny implied yuri,

Setting: Alternative Universe, in a fantasy past

Disclaimers: Gundam Wing characters belong to Mixx Entertainment, Koichi Tokita, the SOTSU Agency, Sunrise, Kodansha and anyone I may have forgotten, not to me. I make no money off of this.

Duo's eyes snapped open as he suddenly woke up, but he didn't move. The room was still dark, but his instincts told him something was wrong, terribly wrong. He'd had this feeling before, when he'd wake up just before a mean rat would bite him, but this was worse. Heero continued to breathe evenly beside him, telling Duo his master was still fast asleep.

Maybe...maybe I'm just imagining things, he tried to comfort himself. If Heero isn't awake, it must be okay. I'm sure we're both alone. Probably had Captain Khushrenada bulk up the palace guard after I got through--

He heard the window open very slowly, and the window sill creaked as a heavy weight pressed against it.

Duo stopped breathing. He looked up at the window, thanking his lucky stars he'd shifted in his sleep so he could get a good look. Silhouetted against the starry sky was a figure all in black, but it was the knife in the intruder's hand that caught Duo's eye.

It's an assassin! Duo cried to himself, It's an assassin, and Heero's not even awake! He wondered briefly if he could nudge Heero hard enough to rouse him, but he immediately decided against it. Whoever was at the window would undoubtedly hear and rush at them before they could get up.

Duo frowned angrily. Here he was, in the arms of the strongest and arguably best looking person in the entire kingdom, who didn't mind he was a thief or had been raped, and this bastard wanted to kill them off? Damn it, I can't let him do this. I'm a thief! And a good one, too. I got into the palace, didn't I? This guy couldn't even get in here without me noticing him, so he can't be that good. Not entirely convinced by his own argument, Duo started to ease out of Heero's arms and out of bed.

The window closed and he couldn't see the assassin anymore, but he could still hear him. Duo, who knew his eyes were probably adjusted better to the darkness, silently slipped to the side of the mattress and crouched down. Ignoring the fact that he would be fighting a trained killer entirely in the nude, he raised one hand and snapped his fingers.

To his delight, the spell worked for him. Bright light filled the room, stunning the assassin momentarily, but Duo charged the dark blur even before his eyes could adapt. His left hand closed around the wrist with the knife in it as his right fight connected with a hooded mask. A resounding crack filled the air as the killer stumbled backward, dropping the knife. Releasing the assassin, Duo dropped to one knee and grabbed the knife.

"Heero!" he screamed as he was suddenly kicked. "Heero!"

Heero's hand went for his sword before he woke up completely, grabbing the blade out of the scabbard on the floor. Jumping out of bed, he ran forward, taking in the scene and analyzing the different ways to attack the intruder. Duo, still holding the knife, lay sideways on the floor, hair cascading around him. Standing over him, the assassin whipped out another knife and lunged, aiming for his chest.

Heero's sword neatly pierced the gloved wrist, ripping the hand apart and forcing him to drop the second knife. Once the assassin was screaming in pain, a swift roundhouse kick was all that was required to slam him to the ground.

Sorely tempted to execute him right then and there, Heero forced himself to hold back. He rammed the hilt of his sword against the assassin's head, knocking him out. "Are you all right?" he asked Duo.

His slave nodded once, holding the knife up for Heero to take. As soon as it was out of his hand, he put his arms around himself and took several deep breaths, trying to calm down.

Heero went to the table with the music box on it and opened the center drawer, pulling out a ring. He held it up to the light, examining the markings to make sure it was the right one, and took a scrap of paper from the corner of the drawer. Hastily scribbling the word "assassin," he slipped the message into the ring and slid the ring on. "Treize," he said clearly, and the ring instantly vanished.

They didn't have to wait long. A minute later, Treize burst into the room, sword in hand and somehow fully dressed, despite the late hour. He scanned the room for bodies and breathed a sigh of relief when he only saw one stretched out on the floor. Heero, who had just finished throwing on his usual black cut-off leggings and green tanktop, was in the process of pulling a blanket off of the bed and wrapping it around Duo's shoulders, helping his slave into the soft chair in the corner.

"Are you all right?" Treize asked, sheathing his sword and kneeling beside the felled assassin.

Heero nodded once. "We're fine. I doubt he'll be able to talk for awhile, though."

"Oh, I'm sure I can wake him up," another voice came from the door. They all glanced up and spotted Wufei, who only wore his white pants and a blue top, with hastily thrown on black shoes. His dragon yawned and exchanged his shoulder for a soft pillow as he walked in. "If we must be up so damn early, he should be, too."

"Wait until I bind him, love," Treize said, gathering the assassin's one good hand and the bloody mess of the other.

While he worked, two more people came running into the room. "It's all right now," Treize said without looking. "But stay here. I'll need you to help transport the prisoner to the dungeon after the interrogation."

Duo's nervousness lessened as his curiosity took over, and he watched the two newcomers as they also put their swords away. Both of them were dressed similar to Treize, but with lesser insignia. Their faces seemed awfully familiar to him, and he tilted his head as he tried to remember where he'd seen them before.

"Of course, Zechs and Noin!" he said suddenly.

The two soldiers turned in surprise from the body to him, Zech's staring intently at Duo. "I know you..." he said slowly, shaking his head as he struggled to recall.

Noin abruptly chuckled and put her hand on his shoulder. "The little thief with the apples," she said with a smile. "The one who nailed you in the face."

Heero frowned and stared at his slave. "What?"

Duo ducked his head shyly. "Um...it was awhile ago..."

Zechs laughed humorlessly. "It was last week!"

"You were chasing me!" Duo defended himself.

Noin looked up at Heero as her smile grew. "Your little slave was running with through the streets with an armful of apples and half the guard after him."

Treize sighed and finished tying the assassin. "Must we discuss this? It isn't at all dignified."

"Not for you," Noin nodded.

"What happened?" Heero asked, betraying his usually hidden inquisitiveness.

"Well," she started, leaning against the wall, "apparently one of our patrol had noticed your slave pocketing a few apples from a street vendor and yelled at him. Except Duo didn't stop."

"I didn't wanna get beat up," Duo mumbled.

"He threw one of the apples at the guard and took off, and as other guards noticed what was happening, they ran after him. He must have had twenty guards after him. And Zechs and I happened to be riding with Treize that day, so we all spotted the little parade. We decided to grab the kid and instead Zechs and Treize each caught an apple in the face."

"Rotten apples," Duo giggled.

Wufei chuckled. "So that's why you were so irritable that day," he said to his lover.

Treize just glared at him.

Heero turned his attention from the story to the matter at hand. "Wufei, how did this assassin get through your spell? He was no thief."

The sorcerer shook his head. "I'm not sure. There are very few ways to get around my spells...and since he doesn't seem to be wearing any amulets..." He crossed to the window and looked around the edges. His eyes narrowed, and he leaned forward, trying to get a glance at the outer wall. As he moved, though, he reached down and lay his hand on the sill. The moment his skin made contact with the rough surface, a brilliant flash of light exploded just beneath his hand and a scream forced its way out of him. Stumbling backward, he dropped safely into Treize's outstretched arms.

"Wufei--"

"What happened--"

"--the hell--"

Wufei hissed in pain, holding his burned hand close to his chest. "Stupid, stupid, of course it must be that..."

"Wufei?" Treize asked, trying to make sense of what his lover was growling.

"It's a damn challenge!" the sorcerer snarled as he got back on his feet. "Nataku!" The little dragon jumped at his voice and swooped back on his shoulder.

"Wufei, wait!" Treize snapped. "What is it?"

"A necromancer," Wufei said grimly, staring out the window. "A necromancer has dared challenge my skills! Whoever did this used a human soul to negate my spell and then left that trap just for me!"

Everyone was unnerved by the Chinese boy's furious outburst, and Duo pulled the blankets further around himself, almost hiding in the cloth. "So what're you gonna do?"

Grabbing his staff, Wufei smiled darkly, setting even Heero on edge. "I'm going to show him exactly what kind of magick he's up against!" With that, he turned and raced out of the room.

"Oh hell," Treize muttered.

"Go after him," Heero ordered his captain. "Don't leave him alone."

"I won't!" Treize dashed out after his partner.


On To Chapter 7

Back to Heero + Duo
Back to Quatre + Trowa
Back to Wufei + Other
Back to Multiple Pairings

Back to Main Archive