Willing Slave Chapter 30
By: KC

KC: Hi there! Shall we get to the story right away?

Wufei: No!

KC: What? How dare you...*can't see him* hey, where are you?

Treize: *lifts long tablecloth, reveals three slaves huddled together* You scared them last time.

KC: Huh? How'd I scare them?

Heero: You said someone's going to be terribly beat up this chapter. They think it's one of them.

Duo: No, we know it's one of us! We're too cute to beat on you guys, so it's gotta be the other way around!

Quatre: Wah! I don't wanna go out!

Wufei: I'm just going to stay here until the chapter is over!

KC: No, I need you for a very important scene! I need all of you!

Trowa: But you're going to make one of us hurt one of them.

KC: Not necessarily. Maybe they'll get to smack one of you around.

Zechs: Really?

Wufei: Eek, she's really going to make me kill my Trei-bear!

Treize: Oh no! Scoot over! *crawls in under the table*

KC: You're not going to hurt your Trei-bear, I promise.

Wufei: No?

KC: Well, not mortally. Now nobody is dying, okay? *sheesh, can't believe I'm giving away plot details for you*

Quatre: But I could never hurt Trowa...and Duo can't hurt Heero!

Duo: That's right! We can't fight back! You rotten liar, you said we might smack them around!

KC: Exactly. "Might." Never said "would." Now get your pretty rear ends out here!

All Four: *shake their heads*

Duo: *sticks his tongue out*

KC: All right, I'll get you out of there! I am a legendary master of the Cat Fist, a.k.a. cat-fu!1

All: *gasp*

KC: *turns around, pulls something from the shadows* My secret weapon--

All: 0.0

KC: --my mentor and namesake--

All: @.@ *tremble*

KC: --my Kitty-Cat, KC! *holds up fat five year old orange kitty, slumped in her hands like a limp rag, eyes shut*

All: -_-

KC: Beware my furry fury, my mighty...uh...mighty...*whispers* KC, wake up!

Kitty-Cat: *mrow?*

All: Aww...

Kitty-Cat: *notices strangers*hissssssssss*mrrrroooooooaowww*

All: Uh-oh...

Kitty-Cat runs toward table. Duo, Treize, Wufei and Quatre scatter from the table. Kitty-Cat disappears under table. Heero lifts the cloth to see said cat curled up.

Heero: He's hiding.

KC: I never said he was brave. *grins* Got you out of there, tho', didn't he! Places, everyone! *gives fat cat treat of pastrami*

All: *grumble*

*

Heero tightened his fingers around Duo's hand as they quietly moved through the streets, ducking past yelling merchants and the occasional guard riding by. Keeping his gaze on the long braid trailing against his slave's back, he pulled his hood closer around his face and tried to ignore the shouting, the swirling motion of vendors and customers and thieves and animals.

Duo, for his part, couldn't help his smile as he walked through the market, taking in the familiar sights and smells and sounds. For a little while he forgot that he was a slave on the way to rob one of the most dangerous nobles in the city with the occasional traitorous guard still lurking about. He was Heero's lover and guide through the streets. Nothing else mattered.

He turned around to see how Heero was handling the street. Instead of giving his love a reassuring grin, his eyes widened in shock. The city's new monarch had gone pale, screwing his eyes shut and doing his best to hide inside his long cloak. Not wasting time speaking, Duo led his master out of the street into the nearest side alley. Heero blindly followed.

Once they were safely out of the crowd, the braided slave leaned Heero up against a wall and pushed the hood back. "Come on, look at me," Duo murmured. "We're alone now."

His muscles trembling, Heero gradually opened his eyes and glanced around, making sure no one was around to bump into him. "How do you handle it?" he whispered. "So many people...it felt like I was being crushed..."

Duo shook his head. "You're just not used to it. I'm sorry, I shouldn't of brought you to the market. We can go over the buildings instead."

Heero put his hands on Duo's shoulders and pulled him close, hugging him and pressing his face against his lover's throat. Too startled to react, Duo hugged him back after several seconds. He could feel his master trembling so hard it affected the boy's breathing, turning it to shaky rasping.

"It's okay," he whispered and wondered if his voice was soothing enough. "You're safe. We won't cut through the market again, I promise."

Heero shook his head. "I shouldn't have come. I'm not...it's too much...too fast."

Duo ran his fingers through his hair. "No, you'll be fine. We'll be at Dermail's place soon."

"Should've asked Dorothy to do this instead," he mumbled.

His slave couldn't help his smile as he pushed his master gently against the wall, laying his hand on Heero's cheek and holding him still. "I don't need her help. I need you. And you can do this, Heero. Hell, you could probably do this blindfolded with one hand tied behind your back."

The king slowly raised his gaze. "No more crowds," he mumbled.

Duo nodded once. "No more crowds, I promise. We'll stick to the rooftops. And when we get to the orphanage, we'll stay in my old room. It's quiet there." He smiled sheepishly. "Well, until the merchants get going again." Another brush of his knuckles on Heero's cheek. "Okay? Ready to keep going?"

Heero didn't reply, but merely squeezed Duo's hand and allowed him to lead them down the alley again.

*

"Where are they?" Quatre grumbled, giving the door another glance.

"I'm sure they'll be here soon," Wufei answered. "Have patience."

The blonde kicked his legs over the side of the bed, softly banging the rotted furniture with his feet, which didn't reach the floor. "I don't want to be patient. I don't get too much time alone with Trowa and there's no privacy on a caravan."

Wufei started unbuttoning his coat. "There is more to love than sex."

Quatre didn't hide his knowing grin. "Is that why you're stripping before Treize comes in?"

His hands paused before he forced them to continue. "I am not!" he argued. "It's just hot." He spread the coat out on the bed and lay down on it, avoiding the dust.

"You are tired, aren't you?" Quatre asked kindly. He leaned back on his elbows, stretching out. "Why didn't you tell him? I'm sure he'd let you take a nap."

"Because he wouldn't be sleeping next to me," Wufei smirked. "But he's coming right now, so he'll pick me up and put me to bed, and then we won't sleep."

"Wufei!"

*

Trowa stared at the zero gems and slowly lowered his hand, as if they might burn his skin off. He picked one up by its chain, watching it dangle a few inches from his face and staring at the light reflecting off the surface. "Doesn't seem dangerous."

With more than a little trepidation, Zechs picked up another. "True, but J made it." He blinked when the sparkles dazzled his eyes. "That's reason enough for caution."

"I'm sure Wufei would've told me about this if there was any danger," Treize mumbled. Ignoring the chain, he scooped up the zero. The crystal felt cool in his palm, almost tingling. "I can ask him right now when I get him."

"Don't tell anyone about this," Trowa warned them. "Zechs, you can let Noin know, and maybe even Sally and Une in case these start hurting us somehow, but no one else."

They both nodded.

"If you don't need me for anything else," Zechs started, "I need to go back. Noin expects me for practice in the west hall."

Trowa shook his head.

"Go ahead," Treize told him. "I'll send for you if anything comes up."

The blonde turned and picked his way out of the lab, edging around the tables and glass before finally escaping out the door, grabbing his sword on the way out. Still staring at his crystal, Treize shook his head in resignation and slipped the string over his head. Beside him, Trowa did the same.

And when they looked around the room, everything seemed...

                                                                                                             ...to...

                                                                                                                       ...tilt...

*

The door opened, the rush of air blowing bits of dust in circles on the floor. Quatre looked up at his master, framed in the light, his figure darkened and outlined in gold, and smiled. In a few minutes they'd go downstairs for lunch, maybe sit in the cool fountain, and eat oranges and play in the water.

Wufei turned his head and glanced at Treize, the warm air swirling over his skin and pushing a few stray hairs back around his face. Taller than Trowa, his captain made a striking image beside the prince, his reddish hair catching the scant light and turning it golden. Maybe...even in front of the others, he'd whisk him off to bed and keep him there for a day? Or even just an hour...

The masters tensed. Their fists clenched at the same time. Even in the darkness, the slaves could see their lovers narrowing their eyes as they stared.

Wufei sat up and tilted his head. "Treize? Are you all right?"

"I knew it," Trowa whispered in a tight voice. A drop of blood formed in his palm where his nails bit into his skin. "I knew it."

"Can't keep their damn hands off each other," Treize echoed.

Quatre and Wufei exchanged confused glances and scooted away from each other, off the bed.

"Don't bother," Trowa snarled. "I've already seen enough." He rushed towards them and grabbed Quatre's wrist, dragging him back to the door. His slave yelped at Trowa's tight grip and yanked backwards, trying to free himself.

"Trowa--?"

A loud crack echoed briefly down the halls, and Quatre fell to his knees, a bruise already rising on his cheek. Without giving him any time to recover, Trowa partially dragged him down the hall, out of sight.

The captain ignored them and focused on Wufei, who backed away from his master until he ran into the wall.

"Treize?"

His master leaned over him, places his arms on either side of his shoulders and boxing him in.

"Treize, what's wrong? Why did you let Trowa--?" His master's mouth suddenly pushed against his, and Wufei winced. Too strong, it hurt, and he pushed against Treize, trying to slip away. Instead Treize pressed even harder. His larger hands seized his slave's shoulders and dug in, grinning when he heard his lover's whimper.

He finally leaned back, still clutching Wufei. His smile broadened when he saw the bruises rising on the boy's lips. "What's the matter?" he chuckled humorlessly. "You don't mind it from that little blonde, but you won't have it from your master?"

"What's wrong with you?" the slave asked in a whisper. "We didn't--"

He didn't remember Treize's open hand striking his cheek, he simply found himself leaning too far to one side, held up only by his master's iron grip on his arm. Before he could try to stand, he was thrown down to the floor and something hard pressed into his back. He glanced over his shoulder and found Treize kneeling on him while he yanked Wufei's hands behind his back. The thin belt on his uniform came off and was looped over Wufei's wrist, and Treize pulled it as tight as he could. The sorcerer groaned and shut his eyes. Made mostly from leather, the belt still had an iron fastener, and while it didn't touch his skin, the iron's close proximity still made him sick to his stomach.

"I've let you run wild for far too long," Treize said, hauling Wufei to his feet. "Always talking back, never following orders...and now this." He backhanded his sorcerer and wiped the blood from his knuckles. "But I'll have you acting properly again. Even if I am a little out of practice with a whip."

Wufei was too shocked to fight as Treize pulled him out of the room.

*

"Here we are!" Duo grinned, pointing to a building across the street. "Duke Dermail's Palace."

"Villa2," Heero corrected. He leaned over the roof's edge and stared at the blindingly white limestone exterior and shook his head. "Not like I imagined it."

"'Villa'?" Duo asked.

"Not quite a palace," Heero explained. "Merely a large house."

Duo tilted his head and looked back at the villa again. "If you say so. Looks too big to be just a house."

The square house had only one story, but its sheer size made up for that, taking up more space than twenty of the surrounding houses did. Built more like a fortress than a home, it surrounded a courtyard filled with fruit trees and flowers and a small pond. People moved through the yard, but no one lingered or strolled, walking as if they had important business to attend to.

"Looks kinda like Wufei's garden," Duo commented.

Heero nodded once. "If their Laoshi O is here, then he's probably improved their mundane vegetable patch."

"But if they're getting ready to go to war?"

The king shrugged. "Magick gardens improve your status. I suppose Dermail cares about how he looks as much as how his soldiers fight." He examined every entrance again and tilted his head. "How do we get in?"

Duo grinned and pointed to the roof covered in glass and rusted scraps of metal. "Over the top, down that big tree with the grapevines wrapped around it, then through that small window near the floor."

Heero's eyes widened in amazement. "How...Did you just figure that out?"

The thief chuckled and shook his head. "No no, I'm not that fast. I was planning on robbing him before you caught me. Ready to go?"

Heero paled. "Through the streets?"

Duo shook his head. "No, we'll stay up here." He slipped his hand into Heero's, squeezing it slightly. "We can climb up on one of the windows there. If all goes right, we won't run into anyone."

*

Quatre stumbled after Trowa, unable to keep up with his long stride without stumbling. Each time he fell, his master yanked him back up with increasing force. Tears welled in his eyes, and he blinked them away before Trowa could see them.

"Trowa?"

He was pulled forward and slapped so that his face bruised instantly under the red mark. A second later he had to keep up again. At least the hall looked familiar. They were close to their bedroom.

He heard a door open, but he didn't look up, half-expecting to be bound to the bed and confined for the rest of their stay. Instead he was drawn to one side, and when he did look up, the door leading to the small adjoining room lay directly ahead.

"No!" he cried, " Trowa, no!" He fought to get out of his master's grip, throwing wild punches and using his nails. His fingers connected with something soft and when he pulled his hand back, blood colored his nails.

"You're only digging your grave deeper," Trowa snapped. He grabbed the door and flung it wide, then pushed his slave inside. "You'll stay in there until we go home."

Quatre watched as the door slammed shut, cutting off every bit of light, even stray rays that might have come from beneath the door. He couldn't hear his quiet master or anything else beside his own panicked breathing.

"Not again," he mumbled, crawling towards the door. He struck the wood with his palm a few times. "Trowa, please."

"Shut up."

"I can't do this. Not again." He continued to hit the door until his hand turned red and hurt too much. He paused, and the silence was too much. He started scratching the surface. "Let me out. Why are you doing this? I love you."

"If you don't shut up," Trowa called, "I'll lock you in your cell when we go back."

Quatre closed his mouth and leaned back against the wall, but he didn't stop scratching the wood.

*

"Careful," Duo warned his lover. He helped Heero onto the patch of roof he'd cleared of glass. "Don't wanna get cut up here."

"Are you sure no one can see us?" He looked over his shoulder at the alley they'd run through. "It's so open out here."

Keeping one hand in Heero's, Duo picked his way through the sharp debris to the richly green leaves poking up from the other side. "We're good, trust me. It's just like when we went through the palace. No one sees us 'cause they don't expect to see us." He turned and put a finger to his lips. "Now shh," he whispered. "Gotta stay quiet."

Heero gave a curt nod and leaned over the edge, watching his lover move. Duo took a firm grasp of the nearest branch and eased himself down onto the next. He didn't even wince as the rough bark scraped his palms through the gloves. Once his foot settled securely on a thicker branch, he reached his hand up.

"Come on."

"I'd rather jump," he muttered.

The thief narrowed his eyes. "And I'd rather not try to explain to Treize why his monarch has two shattered legs. Now come on."

Heero growled but obeyed, stretching as far as he could. His fingertips brushed Duo's, and the slave sighed in impatience. He somehow reached forward, grabbing Heero's wrist and giving him a sharp tug. The king gasped as he toppled forward, sure he would hit the ground. Instead he fell against his lover's body, instantly wrapped up in his warm arms. Duo smirked and stole a kiss.

"See, you're okay. Let's keep going."

Heero gave no outward sign of his speeding heartbeat. He followed Duo down the tree, reassured by the lack of people around and the soft breathing coming from his lover, much like when he slept. Just a little longer, he told himself. Soon we'll be back at the palace in our new bedroom with no crowds...

He knelt beside Duo and helped him open the window. The braided thief looked inside, then slipped in on his stomach, his legs kicking ridiculously until he fell the rest of the way. A second later, Heero came after.

When he stood up, he glanced around the room, first to make certain they were alone, then to see where they were. Several trunks lined the walls, stacked on top of each other like bricks. Aside from a few rolled up carpets, they were the only things inside.

"Okay, what're we looking for?"

Heero didn't respond. He pulled one trunk from a stack, surprised by how little it weighed, and opened it. His brow furrowed. "What on earth...?"

Duo looked over his shoulder. "Looks like a big doll."

Wooden limbs hinged together with screws lay jumbled around a torso and faceless head. Its hands were mere round lumps, and its feet were rectangles. Nothing else lay inside.

"Why would Dermail keep a room full of dolls?"3 Duo asked. "Locked in trunks?"

"I don't know," Heero admitted. "We can ask Wufei when we return. Let's go."

Duo put his ear to the door and listened for a moment, then gently turned the knob. "I think it's locked." He pulled two thin shards of metal from his hair and twisted them into the keyhole. "Give me a few minutes."

Heero nodded while he locked the trunk back up and returned it. Not bothering Duo, he counted the trunks in the room. Twenty boxes. Twenty manikins.4

A click echoed from the door. "Got it." He peered through the crack before opening the door, stepping into a long hallway. "Which way?"

Heero pointed to one side. "There should be a door at the far end. I think that'll take us to the main chambers."

"How'd you know that?"

The king shrugged. "J made me study the floor plans for all my vassals, but that was a long time ago."

Duo smirked. "I'm sure you're right."

They walked down the corridor, passing a handful of doors on each side similar to the one they just came through.

"You think all of those have dolls inside?" the slave asked.

"Probably, or else weapons or money." Heero fingered the sword at his side. "That's not important now. We need to find his private chambers. We should find all the information we need there."

*

"Treize, stop!"

Wufei would have felt shame over begging, dishonor for being so weak, some kind of sense of betrayal, if his mind hadn't focused entirely on the pain blossoming in his right arm, the burning in his abdomen. Another backhanded slap struck his face, deepening the bruise around his eye and making another cut on his lip.

"Please!"

He wondered why no one came to help. Surely the entire palace could hear his screams, or each heartbeat that pounded in his ears. He coughed up another mouthful of blood. His master's hard hands gripped his waist, pulling him away from the wall and throwing him on the bed. For a moment there was blissful quiet. No yelling, no sound of flesh turning blue, only soft footsteps and Wufei's heavy breathing, and the pain dissipating into sharp throbs.

Set on one side, he opened his eyes and watched his master move around the bed. Beneath the window, he spotted something coiled up like a snake. He whimpered when he recognized Epyon.

"I know you're hurting," Treize sighed, picking up the whip. "But you deserve it. Bad slaves must be punished."

"...nothing..." Wufei whispered. "...nothing...we didn't..."

"And slaves must not lie," Treize said. He unfurled the whip, and the tip hit the floor with a metallic ring. He raised his hand, preparing to strike his lover, but he stopped halfway when the tight cloth held him back. "Damn uniform."

Dropping the whip, he undid his top shirt and slid it from his arms, revealing the zero necklace that hung over his spotless white, long sleeved shirt. He picked up the whip and raised it over his head. "Much better."

Wufei's glance fell on the zero gem and suddenly understood, somehow seeing through his haze of pain and delirium. His hands, bent and swollen from the tight belt, strained towards his master. The whip came down. With a twist of his fingers, he forced it to the side, where it cracked against the bed.

Fire burned up through his muscles, punishing him for his unauthorized spell.

"You should know better than to fight your geis," Treize scolded him.

Wufei cursed his geis, but deflected the next strike despite the resultant agony. That whip could lay him open with one hit. When Treize brought his arm up again, the sorcerer stared at the gem and pulled.

The necklace snapped and the gem dropped to the floor, shattering like ice. Stunned, Treize's fingers opened and the whip fell beside the broken crystal. On the bed, Wufei groaned and curled into a tight ball, muscles trembling as they contracted punishingly tight.

"Wufei...?" Treize wondered as if waking from a dream. He looked around. Things seemed real enough. He looked back at the bed.

Stained red with brown spots already drying, two tears in the cloth ran parallel to his lover's body. Wufei's clothes had been torn and bloodied. He seemed ready to shiver himself to death.

"What happened here?" Treize whispered.

There was no answer.

*

Author's Notes:

1. Blatantly stolen from Ranma 1/2 by Rumiko Takahashi. But it's true, I am a master of cat-fu! I eat too much, sleep a lot, lay around and cry! I'm a real kitty!

2.villa--n 1: (British) detached or semi-detached suburban house. 2: country house in ancient Rome consisting of residential quarters and farm buildings around a courtyard. 3: pretentious and luxurious country residence with extensive grounds

"http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?config=about&term=00-database-info&db=wn": WordNet ® 1.6, © 1997 Princeton University

3. Same line uttered in The Seventh Guest, a computer game.

4. No, I didn't misspell mannequins. Manikin is an alternate spelling often found in the Grimm's Faerie Tales. Mannequin means the doll is just a doll. If this don't give away a near-future plot detail...

*

Wufei: Agh, she killed me!

Treize: No, not my Wu-bear!

Trei-bear and Wu-bear cuddle.

KC: No, you're not dead! In fact, you have the first scene in the next chapter. Quit complaining!

Wufei: But the next chapter could take forever to come out like this one did.

KC: Agh. Sumimasen for taking so long on this one. It just didn't wanna come out.

Quatre: But it should be proud of who it is and not be ashamed to come out!

Trowa: Not that kind of coming out.

Quatre: Whoops.

Duo: So what's the excuse this time?

KC: Excuse?

Wufei: Yes, weak woman, although such lateness has no excuse.

KC: Um, let's see...the semester started, I have five classes, I did one presentation, I have another due at the end of October, I have to do a five page paper on a poem, I have to read several books, I have a quiz on Monday in Japanese, and a test on Tuesday in 16th Century Prose and Poetry, I'm Managing Editor for our college's journal, I'm working on stories for a grade in Creative Writing, I just got to read nine volumes of Inu-Yasha in a row...shall I continue?

Wufei: o.o

Heero: Impressive. But you haven't done any editorial work yet, and you don't even know what you're going to be doing.

KC: Exactly! I'm worrying about it, which is much more work than actually doing it.

Treize: Is that...logical?

KC: Sure it is...so lemme go ahead and finish this little discussion up so I can finish an original story due on Tuesday.

Duo: Can't you just hand it in late?

KC: Nope. It's for Creative Writing group discussion, and I have to bring copies for everyone. So, any questions?

Zechs: Found any good bondage sites lately?

KC: Nah, not for free avis or mpegs. Besides, I got a major turn on recently, and it had nothing to do with bondage.

Trowa: ???

KC: See, it was on Lexx, the scifi show, and the assassin Kai was beat up by a female assassin sent to kill him, and she had him draped helplessly on her lap. He admitted he was defeated and that she, basically, could do anything she wanted to him since he was too weak to resist. Sadly she only wanted to kill him, (she died before she could) but still...major turn on.

Wufei: You are so perverted.

KC: Oh, then I guess you don't want me to put Treize in chains?

Treize: What?

Wufei: Okay, you win.

KC: Thank you!

Wufei: *mutters* But you're still perverted.

All: *nod*nod*nod*

KC: Hey!


On To Chapter 31

Back to Heero + Duo
Back to Quatre + Trowa
Back to Wufei + Other
Back to Multiple Pairings

Back to Main Archive