Willing Slave Chapter 3
By: KC

Willing Slave

Warnings: shonen ai, yaoi, violence, tiny tiny implied yuri,

Setting: Alternative Universe, in a fantasy past

Disclaimers: Gundam Wing characters belong to Mixx Entertainment, Koichi Tokita, the SOTSU Agency, Sunrise, Kodansha and anyone I may have forgotten, not to me. I make no money off of this.

An hour later, Sally stood nervously in front of Heero, whose face hadn't changed expressions.

"Are you certain?" he asked, after a moment.

She nodded once. "No doubt about it. He was raped, and fairly recently, too. Maybe a week or a month ago, but no earlier."

Heero looked over at Duo, who was still sleeping peacefully in his bed. "Any other injuries?"

Sally shook her head. "Only that he's somewhat malnourished, but that will dissipate over time. Those manacles are going to cut into him if they're left on much longer, too." She bit her lip in anxiety, but she forced herself to press on. "Are...are you going to keep him?"

Heero glanced up at her with a mildly surprised look on his face. "What makes you think I wouldn't?"

Sally sighed. "If your highness will forgive me, you've discarded previous slaves over lesser things."

"True," Heero agreed. He walked back over to Duo and stared down at him. His long hair hadn't been put back in a braid, and it flowed around and on top of him like another blanket. For a long time, neither of them said anything.

"I...could find a place for him in the kitchens," Sally added.

Heero shook his head. "No, I'm keeping him. Thank you, Sally. I only wanted to make sure he was physically well."

Understanding that she was dismissed, Sally headed for the door. Just before she left, though, she looked back at Heero. "I could send back some herbal teas that might help him relax," she offered. "He seemed pretty tense, even in his sleep."

Heero considered, then nodded. "That would be fine. Thank you."

As she disappeared, he sat back down next to Duo, watching the boy as he slept. Idly stroking his fingers through his hair, Heero frowned when he hit a tangle. In fact, Duo's hair seemed to be full of tangles. He retrieved his own brush from his cabinet and placed a hand on Duo's shoulder, shaking him gently.

"Duo? Duo, wake up."

The violet eyes opened up slowly and focused on him. "Heero? Hey...where'd...where'd the dragon go?"

"He left awhile ago," Heero explained. "You fell asleep."

"Oh...sorry 'bout that..." Duo pushed himself up to a sitting position even though he was still sleepy.

"Don't be, you were supposed to fall asleep. Now hold still, I need to brush your hair." Heero tucked the handle of his brush in his pants and bent, placing his arms beneath Duo so he could lift him up along with one of the thicker blankets. Startled by the rapid ascent, Duo threw his arms around Heero's neck and shut his eyes tight.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to drop you," Heero assured him as he carried him to the soft chair in the corner. He wrapped the blanket around Duo, covering him up and keeping him warm at the same time. Stepping around the chair, he gathered Duo's hair up and draped it behind the wooden back where it hung only an inch from the carpet. Pausing to think, he decided the best way to attack the tangles was from the bottom up, and he sat down on the floor and started.

Duo smiled as he felt Heero's hands working through his hair, ridding it of all its snarls and smoothing it out. He'd never been able to do it before, since brushes were far and few between where he came from. Another wave of drowsiness, much like the one before, washed over him and he relaxed in the chair. His eyes closed and his head tilted forward slightly as he nodded off.

Heero, on the other hand, found that he was steadily relaxing as he brushed. The problems of the court and city and castle slipped away with each tangle. It took him half an hour to finish, but once he did, the hair before him glistened and shimmered beautifully. He smiled despite his cold nature and reached one hand out, gently petting it for a moment before he braided it back up.

I'd better put him back to bed, he thought. I can start showing him what I want him to do tomorrow. He stood up and moved in front of Duo, chuckling when he found him fast asleep. Easing his light frame around, he picked him up and set him back in bed, pulling the blankets to his throat.

"Huh...Heero?" Duo mumbled. "Did I f'll 'sleep again?"

"Mm-hmm. Take another nap. I'll wake you up tomorrow."

"'Kay, Mas'er..." Duo sighed, childishly cheerful to gain more sleep.

A troubled look crossed Heero's face, and he placed one hand on Duo's cheek, quietly relishing the soft skin. "Duo...you don't have to call me Master," he whispered. "It...it doesn't seem right."

Duo gazed up in confusion. "Um...but...I'm your slave...you said so."

Heero nodded. "Just...call me Heero."

Duo shrugged. "Okay...'s a pretty name..." His eyes fluttered closed again and he seemed to melt into the pillows. Heero smiled again as he watched him, then leaned down just enough to give him a very soft kiss. Duo grinned in his sleep and adjusted slightly.

"I'll be back before nightfall," Heero promised. He left the room as quietly as he could and locked the door behind him.

"Prince Heero!"

Heero's head snapped up as he saw Treize approaching him. He held one finger to his lips, telling Treize to lower his voice. "What's the matter?"

The Captain of the Guard smiled and glanced around to make sure they were alone. "Mixed blessings, I'm afraid. Your brother Trowa has sent word that he will be arriving soon, perhaps within the week."

Heero gave him a strange look. "My brother only leaves his little concubine when something bad is about to happen."

Treize nodded. "Not so bad this time, my liege. It seems he is bringing his star-gazer with him."

Heero shrugged. "That's all right, Quatre is trustworthy. But why?"

"His little blonde fortune-reader has predicted a sudden shift of power in our kingdom, and it appears he is correct. Our king has taken a sudden turn for the worse, and he has slipped into a coma. Sally says he has little more than a few days left, and wonder of wonders, Wufei agrees with her."

"They agree?" Heero asked in awe. "It must be true. King J is finally going to die." A grim smile broke over his face, nothing like the one he showed when staring at Duo. "When the king does die, all hell is going to break lose. Gather up the most loyal and trustworthy lieutenants you have, Treize, and make sure there are witnesses in the room when King J dies. I won't have rumors spreading that I might have done anything to hasten this. Have Wufei reinforce his wards on the castle."

"That will tire him out fast," Treize said, a disgruntled look in his eyes.

Heero glared at him. "Your bedtime games will have to wait a night, then."

Treize shook his head. "It's not that, I swear it. But my soldiers cannot be everywhere at once to protect you, and it is always better that you have your sorcerer by your side at all times. He can protect you in ways I cannot."

"I see. Relieve him of his other duties then, and make sure he rests afterwards. We'll need everyone at their peak when J dies. I have a bad feeling about this."

Treize smirked. "And here I thought you had no feelings."

Heero tilted his head. "And I think I allow my closest companions too many liberties."

"But then you would have no companions," Treize smiled. "Shall I see to your orders now?"

Heero nodded. "I'll manage my brother's bedchambers, along with those of his retinue, myself. At least I can count on my brother's aid during this."


On To Chapter 4

Back to Heero + Duo
Back to Quatre + Trowa
Back to Wufei + Other
Back to Multiple Pairings

Back to Main Archive