Willing Slave Chapter 20
By: KC

Willing Slave

Warnings: shonen ai, yaoi, violence, tiny tiny implied yuri,

Setting: Alternative Universe, in a fantasy past

Disclaimers: Gundam Wing characters belong to Mixx Entertainment, Koichi Tokita, the SOTSU Agency, Sunrise, Kodansha and anyone I may have forgotten, not to me. I make no money off of this.

KC: And we're back!

All: *groan*

KC: Stop it! You're just big meanies!

Heero: No, the story sucks.

Trowa: You haven't explained very much yet. It's as if you've filled up pages with meaningless filler.

Quatre: :P And sex scenes!

All: o_0

KC: It's not filler, there's a lot of information in there! Plus, I'm working more on character and letting that carry me through.

Wufei: Yes, since your skill certainly can't.

KC: Waah! *tears gush out in arcs*

Duo: Yikes, turn off the waterworks!

Quatre: Maybe if we say we're sorry...

Treize: I have a better idea. *hands out Pikachu umbrellas*

Quatre: I'm Singing in the Rain! Just singing in the rain! What a glorious feeling...!

KC: Oh, that's so cute! *stops crying*

Heero: Damn, now she's going to write another chapter.

Trowa: So what's this one about?

KC: Um...

Duo: It's your own stupid story and you don't know what the next chapter's about?

Treize: Duo, that wasn't very polite.

Duo: Bite me!

Treize: You little brat! *fist fight with Duo*

Wufei & Heero: Break it up! *pulls them apart*

Quatre: But what is the chapter about?

KC: Well...I've had a lot of requests to see your pasts...

Trowa: You mean flashbacks?

KC: Dream sequences, actually.

Heero: More like nightmares.

KC: Just wait 'till you see what's in King J's basement, I'll show you nightmarish!

Treize: Careful, she is a Tim Burton devotee...

KC: And Edgar Allen Poe! And Macbeth! *flashes victory sign*

Wufei: Speaking of which, when is J going to die? He's been lingering for what...seventeen chapters now?

KC: Um...yeah...but Heero has to talk to him before he leaves the castle 'cause of that geis thing--

Heero: Geis? What are you talking about?

KC: Ack! Damn it, stop making me give away plot details!

Wufei: Geis, hmm? Heero, you've never been outside the palace walls--

KC: Quit it! To the story before you do anything else! And look how long this intro is! Talk about scene hams!

Quatre: Well, we are in the story after all.

Duo: We deserve a say.

KC: Like you don't already! It's 66 pages now at 10 font! You get plenty of say in the stupid story!

Trowa: So you admit it's stupid?

KC: Argh!

*

"We are not sorcerers, Chang Wufei! We are warriors!"

Glad they were alone in the private rooms, Wufei averted his eyes from the Master, staring at the ground before him. He dared say nothing.

"You were one of my finest students," the Master continued. "I had thought you were obedient, respectful beyond your peers. And now I find you are practicing sorcery."

"I was not trying to do anything," Wufei argued in a muted tone.

"Then how do you explain lightning coming from the sky on your command?"

"I don't know," he whispered. "I didn't try to bring a storm, it just...came."

"Ha!" The Master leaned back, glaring at his pupil. "Is it the same with your pet dragon?"

"Dragons cannot be pets," Wufei snapped, made bold by his rising indignation.

"I have heard otherwise from your fellow students," the Master growled, shifting his large body to one side. "They say a small dragon follows you around when you think you are alone. Do you feed it? Name it? Have you taught it tricks?"

Knowing he was caught, Wufei tilted his head up. "Doing so to a dragon would be dishonorable."

"So you admit you have a dragon," the older man chuckled. "You are right about one thing, however."

Wufei didn't reply.

"Dragons are not pets. And sorcery...is impure. Dragons must not associate with sorcerers, or else it will contaminate them. You dishonor your little pet."

"I am not a sorcerer! I did not try to cast any spells!"

"Even worse." The Master picked up a short practice sword from beside him and tossed it unceremoniously at Wufei's feet. "Can you feel that?"

Taking an involuntary step backward, Wufei nodded once.

"A tragedy, really. The impurity of your craft is spread throughout you. Now you cannot even touch honest, cold iron. It is part of the earth, and you cannot stand the earth."

"No," Wufei insisted. "You merely cannot feel its heat. And it is not my craft."

"That is not your only impurity."

Wufei froze. "What?"

"You have not made many visits to Meiran, though she has been selected as your future bride. Why not?"

Wufei turned in his sleep, moaning slightly. No one lay beside him to shake him awake or kiss him into another dream, though, and the familiar story continued. Nestled beside him on Treize's pillow, Nataku chirped in quiet sympathy.

"I see no need. She does not care for me and--"

"And you do not care for her, I know." The Master laughed again. "The entire clan knows of the animosity you two bear toward each other. She seems to be proven correct, however. Nothing good has come of your scholarly studies."

"She is just a woman--"

"Exactly. A woman." The Master's gaze was sharp now, without his previous mirth. "Which is the real reason you do not seek her out."

"What are you talking about?" He knows, he knows...the clan will know soon enough...I will be cast--.

"I am old but not blind, not yet. I have seen the looks you give your fellow students when you believe no one sees. The way your eyes linger over their exercises." Now his laughter was tinged with venom. "Perhaps if Meiran were a boy, you would seek your bride out."

"That is not true."

"Such a tragedy. You were not built for lying."

I will be cast out. Cast out or killed. But exile is a death sentence.

"At least your father is not alive to see this," the Master sighed. "We must thank the invading raids for that, at least. Even your mother might have died over this."

But...no, I will not die. But where should I go?

"Master! Master!"

Wufei and his former teacher looked to the side, where several boys in training uniforms opened the paper door and ran inside. Out of breath, the oldest started speaking.

"Master...invaders!"

"What?"

"The scouts...say Mongols...from Kweihsui!"

"Enough talking! Take your arms and go!"

The boys ran out again, still gasping, but as Wufei turned to join them, a commanding bark from the Master halted him. "Stop! We do not need you there."

Incredulous, Wufei just stared. "You cannot turn the hordes back unless everyone stands."

"A prophesy, sorcerer?"

"I am not a sorcerer!"

"Wufei...I will not see you after the battle. No one will. Join the hordes, leave, we do not care. But do not be here."

"But..."

"You are not of our clan."

Without allowing another word, the Master somehow maneuvered his bulky frame out the door and into the hallways. Wufei could hardly breathe. Not of the clan? Then was he nothing? His legs trembled and gave way beneath him, and he collapsed into a little heap. His body ran cold, despite the burning iron only a few feet away.

*chirrup*

He craned his neck to one side and spotted his companion perched on one of the master's wall scrolls. "Nataku...and where were you hiding?"

*chirp*

Wufei laughed humorlessly, sitting up. "You sound like a strange mix between a bird and a cricket. Aren't dragons supposed to be strong?"

Nataku dropped down from her perch and settled on his shoulder.

"No, Nataku," he sighed. "I am not strong. I am not a dragon, it seems." He caressed the shiny scales over her eyes, noticing how his fingers jerked with the shock. "Very well, onna. It seems I must take care of you, so there is no use feeling sorry for myself." He rose and headed for the door, waiting until the hall was empty to venture out. "Of course, there is no longer a 'myself' to worry about."

*chirrup*

Wufei shook his head at Nataku's questioning tone. "No, we aren't going back to my room. What use is a book of poetry on a long journey? Besides, I can't even touch my sword anymore." He made his way outside and stood in the shadows at the side of the school. The majority of the clan ran by, and weapons clattered in the distance.

With most of the able warriors gone, he stepped into the light and across the dirt road. The sun was still high, but the forest lay near the boundaries of the clan's mountain village. With any luck, they could reach the Tiger's Rock Waterfall several miles down the mountain's western face before nightfall.

Again Wufei moaned in his sleep, and he unconsciously flung one arm over his closed eyes. For a moment he could catch the scent of Treize's hair on the opposite pillow, but the sensation faded and again he was left in the long dream.

Wufei set the bundle of sticks at the front of the cave, hidden behind a corner so no one might see the flames once he had it going. He had to be careful the spray of the waterfall at the cave's entrance didn't soak the wood.

"Nataku, if you would, please."

The dragon squawked, indignant at the thought of having to perform manual labor.

Wufei glared at her, his shoulders drooping. "I would do this myself, but I can't make fire out of thin air."

Instead of squawking again, she gave his hand a little nudge with her snout.

He frowned. "Look, girl, I can't--"

Her sharp tail whipped around and cracked against Wufei's rear. The young warrior yelped, more in surprise than pain. Jumping back to the side, he gaped at Nataku, who curled her legs up beneath herself and stared at him, her eyes flashing. Wufei then realized that even if his dragon was a loyal companion, she was still a dragon, no matter how small. Taking another look at her claws and teeth, he sat up and stared at the bundle of firewood.

"Nataku," he sighed. "I don't know how..."

She nudged his hand again. Breathing deep, he put his hand over the sticks, hovering it a few inches. "Like this?"

*chirrup*

Telling himself that if the order came from a dragon he ought to at least try, he concentrated hard, wondering if he had to say some kind of chant or think of specific mental images. Or maybe just imagine flames dripping from his fingers--

His hand warmed up considerably as bits of flame seemed to actually drip down his fingers from some unknown source and land on the sticks, which flared up so fast he nearly burned himself before he pulled away. When he stared at the fire, however, he noticed something unnatural and looked again.

The sticks were not being consumed. He waited for the twigs to burn to charcoal, but nothing happened.

"This is sorcery..." he whispered.

*chirp*

A single tear welled up and spilled down his cheek. "Then I am a sorcerer..."

*chirp*

"Impure..."

No response. Instead she got up and stepped close enough to lay her head comfortingly in his lap.

"How did this happen?" He peered through the waterfall at the sky which was rapidly turning purple and black. "I am a warrior, I fought with iron weapons for years. I only studied poetry..." He lowered his eyes again and watched the flames make Nataku's scales shimmer. "Nataku, I'm tired..."

She adjusted her position so he could stretch out along the rocky floor. He winced at the sharp edges, but an idea popped into his head. Without a word, he felt the surface of the cave that ran the length of his body and pushed down. Instantly yielding, the rock floor smoothed out and conformed to his shape, leaving him with a curving if hard bed.

A heavy wave of drowsiness forced his eyes closed as the new exertions took their toll. Forgetting about the invaders, who couldn't be too far off, even if the Chang clan had killed most of them, he fell asleep. Her eyes wide open, Nataku kept watch for him, scanning the area around the small lake and the waterfall feeding it. Her ears twitched every now and then, listening for intruders, but she didn't hear anything aside from the water and the mist rising before them.

*

Wufei woke with a start, but his only outward movement was the imperceptible opening of his eyes. The waterfall poured steadily and the sky was still dark, but he saw that his fire still burned. Wondering what had roused him, he was about to sit up when someone audibly entered the crevice behind the waterfall. He tensed, preparing to fight, until he saw the newcomer's clothing. Monk's robes, not the armor of the invaders. Relieved, he slowly sat up.

"Oh, you're alive," the visitor said, smiling. "I thought you might have been a poor dead soldier from that awful battle. Is this your cave, and if so, may I rest here?"

Wufei leaned against the wall and stretched out. "You may. I am only here for the night as well. Tell me, did you see the battle?"

The monk, whom Wufei could see was rather tall and muscular, sat down opposite from him. "Yes, actually. I was nearly hit by their archers, what with all the arrows the Dragon clan fired. Such a bloody mess."

"But how did it come out?"

"Heavy losses for invaders. They should have known better than to attack a mountain village. Nearly every Dragon warrior survived. Such a tragedy about that girl, though."

"Girl?"

"Yes," the monk nodded. "I saw her at the front line. The poor girl was holding her own, but she grew too enthusiastic and worked too far into the invading force itself. Once she was cut off from the rest of the clan, she was stabbed in the back."

"Meiran," Wufei whispered. It must have been you. What have I done...?

"You knew her?" He bowed his bald head. "My apologies, I would not have told the story so bluntly."

"That...is all right."

"You seem to know of this clan, and now that I think about it, you share their physical characteristics."

Wufei turned aside.

"The master spoke briefly of a young warrior they had just banished for sorcery," the monk said. "Was that you?"

Wufei nodded once, sharply.

Quite unexpectedly, the monk grinned. "Wonderful, I was hoping I would meet you before you got too far. My name is Laoshi O, but my companions call me O."

"Why were you looking for me?" Wufei asked.

"I am in need of an apprentice, and one with your already advanced skills would be desirable. I see you have gained a dragon guide. Remarkable for someone so young."

"Apprentice?" Wufei put his hand on Nataku's back to reassure himself she was still there. This was happening so fast. Banished, the battle won, Meiran dead...and now this? All in one day? A few hours? "What do you mean?"

"Oh, that's right, you don't know yet." Laoshi O made a half-bow. "I am a master sorcerer, just lately arrived from a small town in the Kiangsi province. I've been searching for a worthy apprentice, and you are the first one suitable to learn my skills."

Wufei cringed back. What kind of things could this man do, if Wufei, a lowly beginner, could create fire? "But...why would you...sorcery is impure."

Laoshi O waved his hand dismissively. "Pure superstition. I need to pass my skills along before I die. My knowledge must have an heir. And surely you don't want to travel all alone now that your clan has exiled you."

Wufei glared. "I am not alone."

"Ah, yes, the dragon. My apologies. But I could teach you things she cannot. Defensive spells, wards for every imaginable threat. Scrying spells for mirrors and pools, spells to command nature itself. Spells to see the past. Spells to see the future."

"Only the oracles can see the future," Wufei protested.

"Oracles? Ha! Throwing their pitiful bones into the fire and watching them crack. You call that prophesy? I have spells that can show you the future as plain as day, no interpretation needed."

Wufei smirked. "Then you must have known beforehand that I would refuse."

Laoshi O blinked in surprise. "What?"

Wufei glanced through the waterfall. The sky was lightening to a soft pink, which meant night was over. He rose, trying to hide his sore muscles, and allowed Nataku to jump onto his shoulder. "You mentioned my dragon was a guide. Then I will follow her."

"Follow a female?"

"She is still a dragon."

"A weak female dragon."

Wufei chuckled and doused the fire, letting the flames dissolve into nothingness. "She may be female, but she is certainly not weak. The answer is no."

The monk shot to his feet and made a swift motion with one hand. "Chang Wufei, halt!"

A yellow circle in the shape of a tiger's paw appeared on the ground Wufei stood on, and golden light poured around him, blocking him in. Wufei whirled around, furious, and Nataku hissed at the monk.

"Try to break the circle," the monk warned, "and your skin will burn. You will find, child, that I do not take rejection lightly."

"I...am impressed," Wufei admitted, and Nataku squawked that he would say so. "I have never seen anything like this before. What is it? Why does it glow so brightly?"

Flattered, Laoshi O smirked and leaned on the cave wall, folding his arms. "A special spell of my old Tiger clan. Your own name serves to bind you into the circle. Of course, I could teach you this. Now, will you reconsider and become my apprentice, or should I close the circle and burn you alive?"

Wufei considered a moment. Then he looked up with a dark smile. "Neither." And he stepped across the yellow line and walked past the waterfall, leaving the cave and the monk, who sputtered in disbelief and tried to see where his spell had gone wrong.

Outside, Wufei continued his hike down the mountain, disguising his trail in the morning mist. Once they were far enough, Nataku gave a little questioning chirp and nuzzled his cheek. Giving her a rare smile, Wufei kept moving while he answered.

"It should be obvious," he whispered. "He said the spell was bound up in the name Chang Wufei. But that is not my name, not anymore."

*chirrup?*

"West," he answered her question, instantly understanding her. "We head west, where the pale round eyes come from. Perhaps we shall find a new life there."

*

Nestled in Trowa's strong arms, Quatre turned in his sleep, forgetting that he was safe in his lover's embrace. He drifted in and out of pleasant dreams of life after invasion and vicious nightmares of the dark chamber under his sister's reign. He whimpered as the nightmare took over and he found himself back inside his lonely cell in the center of Wahea's palace.

He sat on his bed, hidden behind layers of gauzy draperies on the canopy and by the dark veil covering all but his eyes. Forbidden to remove it, he lived in the darkness with a single candle, a pile of books provided by his sister, and a mute maid who came occasionally, though there was little to clean. Quatre could only take a few steps before hitting a wall or the perpetually locked door.

He tossed the last book to the floor next to the others. Tomorrow maybe the maid would bring in a new set of pretty flowery romances to while away his life. In the meantime, all he could do was sleep and dream of more darkness. He lay down on the soft mattress and blankets and stretched out.

And a white specter flickered through his door.

Quatre gasped and sat bolt upright, one hand to his mouth as he watched the transparent form solidify into a stranger with darker skin and a gorgeous green lizard on his shoulder. The boy's black eyes turned on him, and Quatre froze in fright.

"Who are you?" the intruder asked.

Quatre scooted back until he collided with the bedstead, trapped in the corner against the wall.

"Who are you, or can't you speak?"

Taking a deep breath, Quatre nodded. "My...name is Quatre...Raberba Winner." Dusty with disuse, his voice croaked weakly. "Has Wahea finally ordered--" he coughed violently for a few seconds "--my execution?"

"I am not here to hurt you. My name is Wufei." He sat at the bed's edge so as not to spook Quatre. "I have been hired on in...your sister's?...service."

Quatre nodded. "Eldest sister. Why did you...?" He paused to catch his breath, frustrated that his voice would be so useless now that there was someone to talk with.

"I am a sorcerer," Wufei answered. "I must keep this palace safe, but to do that, I must know what is in every room."

Quatre chuckled for the first time in years. "Wahea won't...like it."

"Hence the late night inspection."

"Is it really night?"

Wufei gazed around the enclosed room once and nodded. "About midnight." He opened his mouth to say something, then shut it, reconsidering. "Why are you in here?" he asked slowly.

"Because I'm a prince." The blonde's body uncurled now that he was sure Wufei wouldn't hurt him. "The youngest and...only brother to twenty-nine sisters. I'm locked...in, so...Wahea won't have to...worry about me trying to take the throne."

"If you are such threat, why keep you alive?" Wufei knew he was being blunt and Nataku's tail snapped his back, annoyed that he would be so uncaring. Used to her moods, he ignored her.

"I'm royalty...I'm powerless...and to kill me would...cause a lot of problems. She holds...the throne for me, until I am eighteen. But...if I die naturally...or go insane..."

"Cunning." Wufei looked back at the door. "Would you like to go outside?"

"I'd love to," he whispered before he knew what he was saying. Quatre's eyes widened. "No, I...can't! You'd be killed--!"

Wufei shook his head. "No one will catch us. I'll just put a glamour on you so you look different." He looked into Quatre's stunned eyes. "But...your veil must come off."

He needed no time to think it over and slipped the veil down his nose and off his face. "All right. Lead the way."

Wufei stood and helped him up, supporting the thinner blonde with an arm around the narrow waist. "This is going to feel cold, but it will pass," he warned him.

A second later, Quatre felt icy needles throughout his body, and before he could move, Wufei had drawn him outside into the hallway he barely remembered. Stronger than his poor candle, the dim torches overpowered his enervated eyes, and he leaned entirely on Wufei to guide him through the palace.

"So much has changed," he murmured. "Or maybe I just can't see now."

"There isn't much to see," Wufei answered. "Money meant for artistic ornamentation must instead pay her soldiers."

"Soldiers? Why?"

"Your sister makes war on her other sisters."

"Which ones?"

"All of them, as they do to each other."

Quatre sniffled. "Maybe they're the ones who've gone insane."

"Come, up these steps," Wufei said, turning him towards a spiral staircase. "My room is not too high."

"Room?" Quatre asked. "Not...with other servants?"

Wufei smirked bitterly. "A slant-eyes with round-eyes? Not done."

Quatre stopped and peered at his face. "They're pretty. Where're you from?"

"Jiujiang, along the Yangtze river."

The blonde paused halfway up the steps to give him a blank stare. "Um...okay."

Wufei laughed at himself. "Sorry. The far east, then. In the mountains."

"Living there must have been beautiful."

"It...could be...if one was alone..." When they came to the door at the top, Wufei merely spirited them through again. Noticing that Quatre was already exhausted from the unexpected exercise, he set him in the stiff wooden chair and moved him to the window. Quatre whispered his thanks, looked outside, and cried out softly. His eyes grew even wider, round as dinner plates, and he leaned out the window, amazed at the stars.

"I'd forgotten..." His gaze swept over the landscape, watching the scattered lights flicker in the houses outside the palace walls. Plants, bushes, flowers closed for the night, the hidden moon's light on the white walls, reflecting off the clay roof tiles. "Wufei, what're those...things sparkling?"

The sorcerer glanced out and followed his look. "On the rooftops?"

"Mm."

"Broken shards of glass." He sat on the sill. "To keep thieves out."

Moving from her perch on his shoulder, Nataku jumped down onto Quatre's lap and began to doze. Instead of being frightened, Quatre smiled and stroked her wings.

"He's so small. What is he?"

"Her name is Nataku," Wufei corrected him. "She is a dragon."

Quatre almost dropped her. "A dragon? But...I thought those burned houses down and stole princesses and hoarded gold...and...and...were bigger..."

Nataku chirped at the unintended insult.

Wufei laughed at her. "She wishes the last part were true, but then, she's very young. Only a few hundred years or so." He looked back over Corazon, at the moonlight running in streaks as the clouds passed by. "There...is an old room, like an attic, near this turret. I cannot free you, but...you could live there instead."

Quatre gave him a rather odd look for a long time. When he replied at last, his voice held steady despite the low rasp. "Why are you doing this for me? You hardly know me."

"I never liked caging birds, even if they cannot fly. I can at least let you see the sun again."

"But the maid will notice I'm missing."

"I'll place an illusion there, a double. It's an easy spell."

Quatre smiled again and bowed his head. "Thank you. So much. I can never repay this."

Wufei placed his hand on Quatre's. "You already have."

"How?"

"You speak to me as if I am human. It is more than anyone has done since I left the clan."

Still asleep, Quatre yawned and flipped to his other side, inadvertently snuggling Trowa's chest. The warm touch to his face shoved him into a softer dream of walks in the garden with his master.

*

KC: I've made it through Chapter 20! Woo hoo! Don't ask me how many more, 'cause now it's gonna get complicated. I have the Sank delegation to introduce and deal with, Oz, a masquerade, a romp through the dark side of town--um, you'll see those later on. Oh yeah, and what J's got cooking in the basement. I haven't forgotten, I just don't know exactly what's in there. I hope I find out soon.

I got a note from someone, can't remember just now, asking for more of my thoughts on this story. I guess it's like getting the inside scoop, but really, aside from future plot points, you know most of what I do. I write in things that I can use later and trust the story to take me there. The characters usually do things that I don't quite understand, but when I think about them and try to reason out the why's and how's of the story, I see that they actually make sense. It's a disconcerting feeling, as if I'm not really writing the story but wiping away the top layer of special paper and finding text underneath. If only it were that easy.

Heero: Damn, you're long winded today.

KC: Shut up, this is my discussion at the moment. Uh...where was I?

Quatre: You don't understand your own story.

Duo: Told ya.

KC: Well, I do know a lot of the reasons behind the plot, like who's doing what and why and how, but some specifics are a little hazy while others are crystal, and similarly for some plot points. But I do have a handle on the main five characters, and even a few minor ones.

Trowa: Elucidate.

KC: Well, Heero is unhealthily emotionally repressed and frustrated because he's confined to the castle all the time. He has few real friends and he's shown a pretty bad cruel streak. I mean, his murder of Nichol was brutal, he's whipped slaves before, and he's even hurt Duo to a degree.

Duo: Poor me!

Heero: I'll make it up to you.

Duo: Whoopee!

KC: *ahem* Duo's had a rough life, being a thief with the constant threat of execution and just plain bad things on the street. He's had to steal for everything, and those closest to him are either children who depend on him or religious figures who died soon. And now he has luxury and comfort, but no freedom. He had the total opposite before. Remember, I've always based his character on my view of the ideal foreign stereotype of an American (junk food, mildly crazy, sexualized, energetic, but most of all, absolutely craving freedom). No matter how much he loves Heero and vice versa, he's still bottling intense feelings up and those'll have to come out somehow.

Wufei: So would that be the source--

KC: Shh. Quatre has been locked up in a living tomb for literally years of his life. No wonder he's so pale and weak. If he's cheerful on the outside, it masks a depressed boy who may also be unbalanced because of his imprisonment. Maybe overly emotional or as cold as Heero at times. Trowa has no real identity, much like the series. His name is false and he's had to abandon his family--

Trowa: Wait a moment. I've mentioned Catherine in this.

KC:--for the most part. Don't worry, I've got mild plans for her. And Wufei--

Wufei: Leave me out of this! Haven't you done enough in this chapter?

KC:--has been abandoned by his clan, he's left his homeland, he's in a strange world and he's undergone some hellish treatment.

Wufei: No need to describe that.

KC: It's a vital plot point having to do with the two main Oz baddies in the palace. And we've seen them described before, but it'll be a bit before they show. I'm still not sure which will come first, the masquerade or the unmasking of the pair.

Quatre: Masquerade? A party?

KC: Did I say that? *looks at above text* Oookay, I think I've explained enough of things for today. I'll really ruin things if I keep going. I would like say thank you for all the lovely long reviews, though. I'll be perfectly honest (for once; I've got a really bad penchant for lies) these reviews do influence the story. Not in the way of major plot changes...well, kinda...but different viewpoints help me see why the characters are acting in some ways and what some actions mean in their entirety. And yes, I read and cherish every one. :)

Wufei: What a sap.


On To Chapter 21

Back to Heero + Duo
Back to Quatre + Trowa
Back to Wufei + Other
Back to Multiple Pairings

Back to Main Archive