Tainted Convictions - Chapter 1


By: Sita Seraph

Warning: None, yet again.

Rating: PG-13 at the moment.

Summary: Upon his own death, Duo is thrown into God’s arms.  But to live again, he must return to Earth and face the circumstances of not believing in the creator of life…

Note: Ah, sorry about the cliffhangers everyone!  They seem to always leak from my writing and its been a couple months since I haven’t written one!  You just better hope then that the inspiration keeps coming!  Man, I hate short chapters…

 

 

Of all the ways to go, you had to die because of a deer…Duo thought.  As he had flown through the air and flied down to his most certain doom, Duo couldn’t help but think that…and how much he at least wanted to get his revenge on Wufei for using all the hot water in the shower.  Duo closed his eyes and waited for the blow when he would eat dirt.  It was all over in a matter of seconds, all in unbelievable pain.  But then the pain had eased away…then disappeared completely.  It was then that Duo knew he was officially dead.  Lets say it was only slightly upsetting…and sickening.

Duo’s eyes remained close, or more like he couldn’t open them, as he felt himself…hover.  Like suspending in air, he couldn’t feel anything supporting his back.  So laying amidst, wherever he was, Duo waited for death to take him and the lights in the house to finally go out.  But, being slightly impatient as it was, Duo couldn’t stand the nagging feeling of being watched.  The piercing eyes were burning a hole between his eyes, kind of like Heero’s stares.  That guy had the meanest eyes ever…

Duo decided maybe he hadn’t died after all.  Maybe he was in the hospital and they pumped him with so much drugs that he felt like he was dead.  But the possibility of surviving his crash was highly unlikely…But then again, his detonation switch was suppose to go off and it didn’t, so how about that for unlikely?  Perhaps this was death.  Just sitting around…doing absolutely nothing…at all…forever…

Ah maaaaaaan…Duo groaned inwardly.  I can’t do this! Somebody, get me out of here!  I don’t want to die!

“ I thought you weren’t afraid of death…”

Duo immediately stilled his fight to control his floating and stiff body, which refused to corporate. So there was someone watching him!  God damn, what is this place?

“ Do you believe in God, Duo?”

Duo tried to move his mouth to answer the man in the room but his mouth seemed to be glue shut.  Hell, he wasn’t even able to call forth the mental power to make his tongue move so it was simply impossible.  The creepy feeling of being watched every moment crept up his spine.  If there was a God, how could he do something like this to me? Duo raged.

“ If?”

Duo stilled once again, listening to the haughty breath of death right in his ear.

“ So you don’t, Duo Maxwell.  What do you believe in?”

What do I believe in? Duo thought.  Death.  I believe in the God of Death…I’ve never seen miracles…but a lot of death…

“ Death, hm?”

Holy shit! Duo screamed.  This guy can read my thoughts!!

“ Yes, Duo.  I can.  And you don’t believe in God?”

No…

“ Why?”

What has he ever done for me?

“ Give you life.”

And one hell of a shitty life, might I add.  Where am I?

“ In the place between life and death, Duo.”

Why am I here?

“ You died.”

Obviously.  But why am I between the two places?  Can’t you decide to send me to hell or heaven?

“ You can say that.  Duo Maxwell, spirited pilot of Gundam Deathscythe.  Killer of thousands but savior of millions.  What can we do with you?”

You don’t have the exact number of my kills?  Goddamn, you’d think you would keep a record of that…

Annoyed.  “ Duo Maxwell, dry humored and takes the name of God in vain…”

Oh yeah…Sorry, I forgot I was in your holiness’s presence.  Look, if you have no place for me, just send me to hell so I can chill out with Trieze.

“ And let you continue believing that God’s presence is fake?”

Well, I’m a firm believer now.

Silence.

Hello? Duo thought, getting worried.  He’s just going to leave me here!?  This is bull!

“ Do you want to live again, Duo?”

Duo’s train of thought immediately stopped.  I can live again?

“ Yes.”

What's the catch?

“ You say you don’t believe in God.  Even now.  How much will it take for you to believe in him?”

Oh, until I see him with my own eyes.  You gonna hook us up so we can share life stories over a cup of tea?

“ Not exactly.  Good bye Duo.”

Hey wait!  What's going to happen to me?

“ You are returning to your normal body with eyes unclouded, mind unshielded, and body of a unholy virgin.”

What?

“ You will remain this way…until you believe.  And then share it with the world.”

WHAT!?

But then again, Duo received no response and deep inside, he knew he wasn’t going to receive another answer.


On To Chapter 2

Back to Heero + Duo

Back to Main Archive