The Starless Night-Chapter 2
By: Kai

Disclaimer : I don't own them, no... thanks Sunrise,
Warning : Yaoi, 6+5, AU, Dark, Sap
Explanation : thinking in 'Italic', conversation in "--", illusion in ##-##

===============================================================
-The Starless Night-   Part 2
By Kai
===============================================================
 

300 years later..

At the noisy party in the port town, the busy steam ships nearby were making their song as a sign of arriving. There are so many people of all nationalities gathered here. Tonight is the party being held for the business man by the Merchant Club. The band, piano, violin, saxophone and drums are making great music- but it's seems to be annoying for the Chinese youth. He was forced to come to this party by his father, saying something like 'when in Rome, do as the Romans do'. He sighed at the sight of dancing people around him, smiling happily from their unfamiliar faces- that makes he think about his hometown in China, it's also a port town.

Back then, he always felt discomfort and uneasiness when he was at a party like this, but this is different. He can't believe that he is missing those times, even though it was him that asked, no, begged his father to bring him along here to the new continent. He sighed again, received champagne from the waiter and headed for the quiet balcony

He is watching the dazzling scene of the port bay and sipping the champagne, when he noticed that someone is looking at him. He turned to him fully and saw a long, blond haired gentleman in a jet black tuxedo leaning at the door frame. Smiling warmly at him, he was revealing tender aquamarine eyes behind his bangs. He stepped closer to the Chinese youth, who is about to ask what he can do to help. He opens his mouth, but his voice doesn't come out. His own eyes are still locked on the approaching figure. Slowly the blond lowers his head to capture it with his soft lips. The Chinese boy is stunned by the unexpected touch, his eyes widen in surprise but he doesn’t pull his lips back. He doesn't know why, but he feels like he knows and longed for this kiss...

As the feeling of that soft touch starts fading, the Chinese boy doesn't know that he has closed his eyes; until he opens them, his mind hoping to see the taller blond and prolong this moment once again but... he's gone... there's no evidence left to tell him whether this was true or he was just drunk…

'Who was that man, was that an illusion? But it's surreal...'

"Wufei?" that is his name and the caller was his father "What are you doing here?"

"Nothing, just getting some air..."

"The party is about to over, shall we go back?"

"Yes, father" and he turn back from the balcony.

'I found you' the voice is like a whisper in the air, passing through Wufei.

"What? Father?"

"What? I didn't say anything?"

"Err, nothing"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next evening.
 

It was getting dark here, deep in the valley, it is remote area from the elegant crowded capital. The young Chinese man in the neat European black suit  is looking outside the horse carriage and wondering why his father sent him here alone with a fine-looking servant of his father's acquaintance. His father told him only that this 'acquaintance' is a most well known person in this area wishing to see him...

'Wishing to see me?' he though, 'How can this man wish to see me? I never met him before, but we're here, in this foreign high-class society in order to seek our future, so, it will be better to please him.'

Along the way from the main road, he saw nothing but the line of lifeless trees, their branches were twisted, looking like they're dancing in the wild rhythm of the silent night. The little light from the carriages lamp is shaking from the wind and the horse step. He turns back from the tiny window and rests his head against the carriage's wall, looking carefully, even this carriage was decorated with expensive fabric, and for the area that was left, its wood was curved magnificently in an ivy shape.

'No doubt that this man is very rich, but what does he want with me?'

An hour later, the carriage is stopped and that fine-looking servant opens the carriage door for him. He bows his head a little and raises his hand in the direction of the main castle. Wufei nods and smiles. When the servant and his carriage were gone, he begins to look around him.  It is a starless night, the only thing he can rely on is the dim light from the old European style castle.

He heads to the huge front door before him, its one side was left ajar, the trail of light leaking out. He decides to knock on the gold lion head-shaped metal ring, but as soon as he reach out his hand, that door is pulled from the other side, revealing the soft candlelight and the figure inside…

The tall smart gentleman is in a dark crimson mantle that sharply contrasts with his long blond hair.  He is smiling back at him. This is the most breathtaking sight he had ever seen in his life time. He is stunned by this man. After a few deep breaths, he is able to think again, so he realizes that this is the same person that give him 'the kiss' in his own illusion last night, but how can he ask him, 'Have you ever kissed me before?' or 'Are you a man in my dream?' The best question that comes out of his mouth is,

"Excuse me, have we met before?"
 
 
 

to be continue~

===========================================================
Kai: mmmm, I kinda think about 'Bram Stoker's Dracular' when I wrote this, you watched to movie? It's great! with Gary Oldman, Winona Ryder, Keanu Reeves by Francis Ford Coppola

edited by Karl Lynch


On to Chapter 3-Not Up Yet

Back to Wufei + Other

Back to Main Archive