The Sacrifices Made For Love
By: Shadowess

The Sacrifices Made For Love
By: Shadowess

A/N: Man I really have to get working on my fanfics...I'm such a lazy ass ^_^ I'm leaving to backpack Europe in a week, so I thought I would get out a chapter or two (yeah right) of my fics. I also broke up with my boyfriend *sighs* so this fic might get a little more angsty...sorta...and heavy on the Duo cynical humour (just like me^_^)

Enjoy, read and review, as always.
***If you would like to be emailed when this fic is updated please email me and let me know (shadowess_studios@hotmail.com)

Warnings: yaoi, mention to rape and stalking, angst Duo...a lil OOC for Heero I guess and Wufei too...

Archive: The He-He Room (http://gwyaoifics.arecool.net)
If you want it, just ask! (shadowess_studios@hotmail.com)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 4: Awkwardness

------------------------
"I just wanted to thank you Duo."
"Thank me for what?" Wufei paused and then looked at me and actually smiled,
"I wanted to thank you for making this sacrifice."
------------------------

I stiffened,
"Sacrifice? What do you mean?" Wufei sighed,
"Duo I know this is really hard for you, I know how much you love and depend on Heero, and I understand that this is a big sacrifice for you to except me into your relationship." I looked down at my hands folded in my lap.
"Oh." I breathed, yeah I know, how deep!
"Duo I want you to understand that I have no intention of trying to steal Heero away from you." My breath caught, why had he considered that? "And I want to tell you that I care about Heero." I nodded solemnly. It felt like a death march. "But I want you to know that I care about you as well." I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding.
"Wufei I-" Just then Heero walked into the room ready for bed. I sighed, man Heero you are my hero (yes pun intended.)
"Hey Hee-chan! Ready for bed? Ok then time to get sleeping." Ok I know I babble when I'm nervous. I have a feeling that I'm going to be babbling often for a while.

I motioned for Wufei to move off the bed and after he did I pulled down the covers. Then the three of us just stood there not sure how to proceed. I coughed, Wufei cleared his throat and Heero sighed. Oh boy it's bliss, can you sense the sarcasm.
"Ok guys how is this going to work?" Wufei seemed to relax a bit at my question. He looked down at the floor then back up and Heero and I.
"Well who wants to be in the middle?" I swear I saw a hint of blush creep up to his cheek, he even sounded meek when he asked. Wufei and meek just didn't seem to click in my mental vocabulary.
"Well I don't want to be, I don't want to, uh, wig out on you guys." I already lost control once this night I don't want it to be repeat that.
"Alright I'll sleep in the middle. I think that's best for everyone right?" Heero surprised me by asking that.
"Yes I think that's the best idea. Duo is more comfortable about you Heero." Wufei said. I grit my teeth a bit. I don't want people to baby me. Sure I have some issues but I'm not unstable, well at least not too much.
"Duo?" Heero asked and both him and Wufei turned their glaces at me.
"Yeah sure I'm cool with that." Yeah as cool as the fires in hell, but hey who am I to say either way. I agree to this right? Oh how the old saying come back to haunt you.
~Be careful what you wish for.~
Well I got what I wished for, well not totally wished for, but I put it into action.

Heero gets into the bed first, then Wufei lies on Heero's right side. I allow them to get comfortable,
"Ready for the lights to be turned off?"
"Yes." Wufei's soft reply.
"Hai." Heero's sharp reply.
"Alrighty then." My smart-ass reply. I move to the light switch by the door and flick off the light. I stand for a moment until my night vision kicks in and I can see my way to the bed. I slowly maneuver to the left side of the bed and slide under the covers.
"Goodnight guys." I whisper as I snuggle under the covers and keep to the end of the bed away from Heero. I normally don't have an issue with sleeping in the same bed as Heero, but with another body in the bed, it seems much smaller.
"Goodnight Duo, Heero." Wufei whispered back.
"Goodnight to both." Heero says as relaxes into the covers.

I woke up with the sun streaming into my face and a sheet clutched to my chest. I moved my hand over my face to block out the sun until my eyes adjusted. A shiver worked its way down my spine and I clenched the sheet tighter. I rolled over to my left, with the intention of using my momentum to assist me in freeing more covers. Mission Unsuccessful. I sighed, I hated not having any covers, and that blasted sun was still in my eyes. Sensing my defeat, I stood, stretched and moved to the window and closed the blinds all the way. I turned intent on kicking Heero out of the bed for stealing the covers but I stopped mid-turn. On the bed was Heero and Wufei, but that wasn't the thing that made me stop. Wufei lay on his back with his arms over his head and Heero was snuggled up next to him on his side, spoon fashion. They were both still in the bliss that was sleep and looked happy, really happy, content even.

I muttered some choice curse words under my breath at the scene of the 'happy couple' and then took my leave of them. It was obvious that I was intruding, they had all but kicked me out of the bed. I stalked down the hall to the bathroom and emptied my bladder, washed my face and drank from the sink. Ugh, I hate that awful taste left in your mouth the morning after alcohol. That done, I fixed up my braid and moved downstairs.

I entered the kitchen and Trowa was sitting at the table.
"Hey Trowa!" I beamed as I started to collect my breakfast; two pieces of toast (both with PB & Jam), large bowl of 'Sugar Incarnate' cereal, 2 banana muffins(with chocolate chips) that Quatre made last night, a tall glass of OJ and of course an apple. You can't forget to balance your meals.
"Good morning Duo." Trowa greeted.
"How are things Tro?" I mumbled around my spoon as I inhaled my cereal.
"Well and _you_ Duo?" I could tell by the way Trowa stressed the 'you' that he was concerned about my freak out last night. I waved a hand of dismissal.
"I'm just peachy. Where's Kat?" Trowa and Quatre were never very far apart.
"Still sleeping upstairs. How about Heero?" I muttered the answer into my muffin, "Pardon? I didn't hear you Duo."
"Oh he's just upstairs sleeping with Wufei." I gasped and put my hand over my mouth.
"What?" Trowa asked in shock.


TBC
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: So there ya go I finally got out another chapter...I hope to get out another chapter of "I Won't Tell No One Your Name" and maybe another part to "Broken Wings" (don't count on that one...) and maybe another chapter of this fic. This is sorta like therapy for me...*ahem* anyways...hope I get more action done b4 I leave for europe, I'm there for 3 weeks...maybe I'll try and write on the plane...Read and Review as always, and yes that means YOU, I see you sneaking in and just reading and not leaving a review...=)

On To Chapter 5-Not Up Yet

Back to Duo + Heero

Back to Wufei + Heero

Back to Threesomes

Back to Main Archive