Just a Journal: Chapter 7
By: Kaylie

Disclaimer: Hey, I don't own anything! If Gundam Wing were mine there would be an entire episode of GW dedicated to weird hairstyles that all the G-charas could try! I'd also have the fic "Asylum" by Spooks made into a movie cause it's so damn cool! Do you see the aforementioned happening? *looks around* I don't so I guess Gundam Wing isn't mine. For shame.

Authors notes: You prolly want me to shut up already but I feel like rambling for just another second. I have a question for y'all. Do you like short chapters put out frequently or long ones once in a while??

Just a Journal (7)

Spiral bound paper thingy in which I write many personal things,
Sorry its been a week since I've written anything at all. Something came up and had to move really fast. We just left everything and found someplace else to stay. Now were back and I must say a lot has happened. We left on Tuesday. All Tuesday afternoon we looked for someplace to stay. We ended up at the circus. Trowa and I did a few acts for room and board. It was cool! I cant believe I let Trowa throw knives at me (Trowa wouldn't throw knives at his beloved Quatre so I "volunteered") and balance me on a wire. I never wanna do that again! Quatre doesn't like heights unless there's something encasing him or he woulda done it. Wednesday Heero and I went for a walk. ^_^ He said a few things about various stuff and I yabbered like an idiot the whole time. Thursday while Trowa was feeding the lions I "inadvertently" let them out. Trowa got them back before anyone found out. He wasn't that irked. Due to cramped living space I bunked with Heero. That took a lot of control and almost cause me a nervous breakdown. Friday was kinda boring. Wufei did a circus act with swords. He didn't tell me about it so I couldn't see it. Quatre said he earned a lot of cash for it. I was supposed to start my new job but didn't. Instead I start tomorrow. Yesterday it was deemed safe to come back so here I am all peachy keen. I've been working on my Heero problem bit by bit. Its so damn hard to approach him, but I love a *cute* challenge.
~Maxwell the Demon

Notebook,
I was a little nervous about my job so I persuaded Wufei to come along with me. I knew that if him around squalling 5 year olds couldn't calm my nerves then nothing could. It was funny watching him chase little kids relentlessly around the building. Today was just an observation training thingy so I didn't have to do all that much. I helped them paint and stuff. They are soooooooo cute with their chubby little hands and ability to smite Wufei with no problem. I should take lessons. Quatre is pleased with something. I can tell. I'm going to invade his privacy and ask about it later. I'm pleased with something too. Heero will be away for an afternoon tomorrow so I'm gonna "borrow" his diary; I am in desperate need of insight . I wish he would write something that let me know one way or the other! It's flipping annoying! Trowa is being himself; kinda quietly and severely thoughtful.
~Duo-kun

Journal,
Well, today really bit. A lot. Heero staged his "leaving" so he could catch the interloper in his room. Now he probably totally hates me. I didn't lie about it or anything, I just didn't tell the whole truth. I think he knows that I read his journal. I think I should have thought about how he's react if he found out. What am I going to do? I just walked into his room and he was sitting on the bed with a pistol in his hand proceeded to give me the death glare of 'oh my gawd you are in shit so deep that your gonna be petrified in it until your eyebrows are as long as Dorothy' . He just growled at me to get out and I swear I almost broke down so I went to my room and pouted. I'm gonna stay here for a while. I think he hates me now more than ever.
~Duo Maxwell

Diary,
Still guilty about Heero thing. Heero isn't acknowledging my presence. What to do? I'm going to cry! I swear! What to do? :(
I went to work. Little kids are awesome but tiring. Joey just wouldn't sleep during naptime. Tracy climbed out the window twice. Kat wouldn't share. Ben took Akara's glasses. Food fight at lunch. Whole nine yards. Arm all better. I noticed that I haven't been called in for mission in a while. I'll have to check up on that. Spent late afternoon detonating stink bombs in the basement. Nobody was happy. Going to bad now. Seems like everyone hates me. Bad week I guess. Maybe luck will get better?
~Shinigami

Book of thoughts,
I dreamed an odd dream last night about Heero. He was standing over me while I was sleeping with a rose in one hand and a short knife in the other. He smiled (which should have startled me into wakefulness) and ran a hand through my undone hair. He kissed the rose and put it against my forehead then disappeared. That was the strangest thing I've ever dreamt. I wish he didn't hate me. I do like him. I am getting used to the little kids already, even though they make me wanna tear my hair out sometimes. I started a tiny fire in the kitchen trying to roast marshmallows on the stove. I but a violet on Wufei's Nataku shrine. I don't really know why its so special, but for some reason I can tell it deserves respect. I silly stringed Quatre's garden. He wasn't too upset. He did ask me to mow the lawn though.
~Duo

Journal,
Nothing to much happened. Heero was looking at me odd during breakfast, I wonder if he'll ever speak to me again. Trowa and Quatre went out. I was bored.
~Duo

Diary,
"That's the night the lights went out in Georgia, that's the night they hung an innocent man" ~Reba Mcintire. That's kinda how I feel right now. One of the pipes exploded and for some reason everyone seems to think its my fault. The pipe flooded the entire house and fried the electricity and the place is a mess. No water, gas, or electricity. I can't think of anything I've done that would have caused that. There's like a couple thousand at least worth of water and piping damage alone. Quatre is politely insisting that I pay for it. It's impossible to refuse when Trowa is standing right behind him with a look on his face that promises pain if I don't comply. I'm gonna hafta start another job to pay as well as the daycare one. Not only that Hee-chan doesn't like me. I swore that I didn't do it. Wufei almost (keyword: almost) backed me up, but couldn't fend off the lovebirds. Life has gone rapidly down the drain so I'd better work on my smile.
~Shimigami and Sadness

Diary,
I've finally snapped. I'm going through Heero withdraw! I miss his few words and always present grimace.Heero hasn't spoken much to me since he found out I went into his room. I want to tell him I'm sorry and that I really do care. I care a lot. I guess I didn't realize how much closer we've grown over time. I mean we were to the point where we were almost having two-sided conversations. He actually started to look me in the eye when uttering something other than a death threat. That really meant a lot to me. I only did it to find out what was in his heart. I want to know all about him. What makes him laugh and what he'd cry over. I want to know how he thinks and I want to comfort him when he needs me. I want him to need me. I want to make him laugh when he frowns. Over the last few days I've tried to deny how much his neglect hurt. I tried to push away the guilty feelings and focus on other things. I shouldn't have gone in his room without permission. At fist it was a way to get information but then it became a way for me to read into him. I shouldn't have invaded his privacy. I read about his dreams and thoughts about everyone. And now he's gone back into his perfect soldier shell. Damn it! I was so close! And now I"m a sappy puddle just 'cause he wont look in my direction. But, gods, I think I love him.
~Duo

Book,
Today I go on a mission. Be back soon.
~Duo

Journal of Doom,
I got back late last night. I've been gone about two days. It was a short mission. I feel sorta bad because I know I'm not supposed to write about the details of missions anywhere but logs, but I have to say one thing. That base had a nursery. For kids. The base is now pretty much gone. I got 11 of the kids out with help from an attendant. 4 more were rescued by the people that search the ruble. 6 are unaccounted for. Part of the infiltration process was to spend a morning with the kids. I don't know how to feel. Mission accomplished, but was it worth it? Heero (who is starting to speak to me again during the mission) said that is was our job and that if we didn't do it that someone else surely would. I don't know about that though. Well, on the up side, Heero is speaking with me again. He said part of the reason it peeved him so much is that someone was able to break past his damn security system. Still those kids.....
~ A very disturbed Shinigami who seems to have no room for jokes lately and who plans to remedy that by dying Trowa's undies pink
On to Chapter 8

Back to Heero + Duo
Back to Main Archive