Fallen Angels

Chapter 4-Tears of Pain as Enlightenment Takes Place
By: Mari-chan

Gundam Wing Fanfic- Fallen Angels

Disclaimer: Trust me I don’t own them, I’m only borrowing them for the time being. (If I did own them then there would be nothing but, yaoi lemons in every episode ^_~!!)

Warnings: AU, lemon (NC-17), violence, mild profanity

***This is a YAOI fic!!! There will be guy/guy sex, love, and whatever else I can think of in here. If this is not your bag of tea or if you are underaged then I suggest you quit reading right now and leave. But if you’re underaged and you found this fic then I really don’t expect you to follow that warning. (Hell, I’m only 16 and I wrote the damn thing ^_^!!)***

Fallen Angels

By: Marissa Kaisuke

Trowa frowned, nudging his sleeping sibling harder.

"Oi! Wake up! I'm tired. Switch with me. Oi, Heero!" Heero scrunched his eyes together in sleep, a soft sigh emitted from his throat. Trowa smiled wickedly and slammed on the brakes causing the cobalt-eyed boy to slam into the dashboard.

"OW!! GOD, TRO!! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?!?!" Heero rubbed at his wounded nose, which had taken the most impact.

"Well, you wouldn't wake up for one and two, I'm tired of driving. Switch seats with me." Heero grumbled under his breath as they slowed and pulled over. After switching positions and getting settled, Heero glanced over at his brother.

"About how much longer before you think we'll get there?" Trowa shook his head.

"I have no idea. I pulled over about twenty minutes ago to get some gas while you were sleeping and asked the girl at the counter about a compound or secured facility around here. She said there was an old research facility about three hours north of the gas station that was abandoned years ago but that she's heard of cars going in and out of it. If she's right, the entrance to it should be along the side of the highway. We should see it within the next hour, so keep on the watch for a small side road." Heero nodded, making a small sound of agreement in the back of his throat.

"Hey, Tro?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think we'll actually find them?" Trowa looked over at his brother.

"What are you talking about? I know we'll find them. I could never live without, Quatre. As sappy as it sounds, we'll never find them if we don't have the belief that we will find them."

"Yeah, I guess you're right. But, still…" Trowa leaned over and ruffled his hair.

"Just shut up and drive."

****

"LET ME GO!! GET THE FUCK OFFA ME YOU ASSHOLES!!! QUATRE!! WUFEI!!" Duo struggled in the taller man's grip, using his slim figure to his best advantage and slipped out of Master O's hold. Dr. J stepped forward and raised his metallic claw, hitting Duo across the face. Hard. Quatre turned around and screamed, running towards him.

"Shit…DUO!!!!" The violet-eyed teen fell to the tile floor, pain blossoming throughout his jawbone and entire right cheek. His eyes glazed over, leaving the last clear image in his mind of Dr. J smiling ruthlessly down at him. Blackness and oblivion soon took him over.

"I think he's waking up."

"Good. We're almost ready to begin the procedure."

"What about the other two?"

"They're already in their own operating rooms. I sent H, O, and S over to deal with them."

~…Voices?…~ Duo's mind struggled to function as consciousness returned to him. ~ Where the hell am I? ~ Violet eyes fluttered open to a harsh blinding white light then scrunched shut in pain. ~ Am I dead? No. ~ Flashes of memories passed through his mind. ~ I was in the cell with Wufei and Quatre…harsh light and voices came in from the darkness…he grabbed me and I struggled…then I heard a scream…it was Quatre…then nothing… ~ Duo tried opening his eyes again, ignoring the pain of the bright light above him. ~ I'm on something cold, hard…like a metal slab. Is this what it feels like to be a corpse in a morgue? When you die, does your soul awaken and feel scared like this? Not knowing where it is or what happened to it? ~ Duo turned his head to the side, blinking in confusion. ~ Why are there all these computers? Are they monitoring something? Is it me? Where am I? ~ Duo groaned softly, shifting to attempt and sit up.

"Oh ho, I see that our little sleeping beauty is awake." Doctor J's voice resounded from somewhere behind him. Duo's head fell back as he realized his body was strapped down with metal clamps.

"Where am I?" His voice sounded hoarse and raspy from lack of usage and moisture. "What the fuck are you gonna do with me?" Professor G leaned over and smiled cruelly at him.

"J? Do you think it's about time we explained to the poor boy exactly what has been occurring within him for the past year or so? I mean we've treated him so unfair by keeping him…'in the dark' about it." The short man chuckled softly under his breath at the lame pun he had just spoken. The other scientist shuffled around the operating room a bit more, tapping out a series of codes on one of the computers before he answered.

"I don't really care if you tell him or not. It won't make a difference anyway because once we finish the procedure I'm going to wipe his mind blank and input his command codes so we can operate him. Stand back a minute though. I'm going to raise the flat he's on to standing mode so the wings will hopefully come out unharmed." Duo's mind balked at the information he was just given.

"WINGS!?! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!" Doctor J ignored Duo's vicious cries and concentrated on the computer he was working on. Finishing the complex sequence of encrypted codes, he reached over and pulled a small lever to his left. The metal slab Duo was strapped down onto began to rise till it was in a vertical position. Hitting a red button to the right, the clamps around Duo's wrists released from the slab with a metallic hiss. Professor G smacked Duo across the face as he approached the struggling youth. The squat man picked up two cables off the floor and attached them to the manacles holding the braided boy's wrists. Doctor J nodded and hit another sequence of buttons. The cable attached to his wrists began to wind back up into the pulley it came from on the ceiling, pulling Duo's hands above his head. Duo gasped as the cold feeling against his back disappeared, the slab sliding down away from him into the floor. His body was free now, except for the chains holding his feet firmly to the floor and the cables and wrist clamps holding his arms above his head. Duo fell to his knees, too weak to stand up. His wrists bound to the ceiling being the only thing that held him upright.

"Are we almost ready to proceed?" Doctor J nodded, handing him several electrodes and surgical tape.

"Place two electrodes on his face, one on each temple. Then take off the shirt he's got on and place the others along his spinal cord. We might have to cut open part of his upper back for an exit path when his bone structure begins to accelerate." Professor G began placing the electrodes on the violet-eyed beauty's face. Flipping out a small surgical knife, he carefully cut open the shirt Duo had been wearing and tossed it off to the side. He taped the remaining anodes along his spinal column.

"Do you need me to make the proper incisions?" Doctor J studied the computer screen's layout of the operation about to take place.

"I'm not sure if it's necessary, yet. Let me call down to the other room and see how they're faring with the other two and get their opinions on the whole matter." Nervous sweat broke out along Duo's skin sending a chill up his nude torso. He turned his head to look at Professor G.

"What are you going to do to me? I want to know what the hell all this talk about wings is and say it in plain English. None of that medical, science mumbo-jumbo shit." Professor G smiled at him, a wicked sparkle in his eye.

"You want it in plain English? Fine. Do you remember when we first found you and asked if you wanted to make a few extra bucks by taking a shot for us? We told you it was a new stimulant that would strengthen your bone structure while it improved your immune system. We told you we were trying to improve the human body and lengthen the life span by helping people become stronger and healthier to fight off sickness and disease." Duo's eyes widened as he remembered his first encounter with the scientists.

"Yeah, I remember when you gave me that shot. I had never felt better in my life. I could lift heavier things and my stamina picked up when I went out for my early morning jog around the city. Plus I made a good couple hundred bucks from you all." Professor G turned his back, continuing.

"Well that shot we gave you was actually a mix between human and animal DNA and a couple other chemicals we added in. It mixed with your DNA and began to subtlety change your skeletal structure, adding strength, speed, special hearing skills, and even a radar for nocturnal usage. You may have noticed a few of these already but I doubt it, as they were very subtle at first." Duo gasped, shocked as he thought about instances where he thought it strange that he could hear a noise when no one else did, or run faster than he normally was capable.

"What else have you done to me? And what is this operation about?" The short, mushroom-haired man watched J have it out on the phone with one of the others, in a lab down the hall.

"Our main objective at first was to advance humans for military defense and sell our secret to the government. Basically we wanted to create the 'perfect soldier' to be used during the war. We attempted this probably about 12-13 years ago with two other test subjects we found. They had been orphaned by the war so we took them in and experimented with a few theories. The chemicals we injected never took because of their young age and so we discarded that project and began to develop new theories about advancing and perfecting human abilities. We came up with the idea of combining human and animal DNA and used that theory to progress our main objective. You and Quatre are living proof that this can be succeeded. We injected you both then kept you to study your skeletal structures and to accelerate the process." Duo knelt there, his mouth wide open as the pieces began falling into place within his mind. ~ This whole time my body was changing and merging with animal DNA so I could become the prototype for some chemical they want to sell to the government! And for what? So they could create some kind of super human to use during war!! ~

"You all are FUCKING SICK!!! All this was for…a-all this pain we've been going through…is…is so you could create some kind of advanced human for WAR!!" Duo spat out, disgusted and enraged by the whole idea. Professor G nodded, turning to head over to where Doctor J sat talking loudly into the phone. "Wait a minute! I'm still not getting where the whole 'wings' deal is coming from! And you also said that Quatre and I are proof of your whole animal DNA thing. What about Wufei? What the hell did you do to him!? And you still haven't explained this operation thingy either!!" Professor G turned back and faced Duo.

"The 'whole wings deal' is something that comes along with the animal DNA. Your DNA and it's DNA are merging and trying to find equilibrium somewhere inside your body. The wings are one of the last steps till your body finds that balance. You and Quatre might have noticed back pains both severe and mild within the past few months. Your skeletal structure was not built for wings so the 'tests' we had been running on you before your escape had been prepping your bodies for them. You will have wings and the ability to fly, we assumed, in accordance to the DNA you were injected with. As for Wufei…"

"What? Did you do something different with him?"

"We tried a different theory on him. Instead of animal DNA we tried to infuse microchips into his brain and stimulate different parts of it. The human mind is very unique in the fact that most humans never reach their full potential in their lifetimes. Actually they never even come close to it." Duo looked at him confused.

"What do you mean reach their full potential? Like we never fully realize what we are capable of?"

"Exactly. You've heard the stories of mothers who lift up cars because their trapped child is underneath of it. But under normal circumstances that mother could lift no more than 50-55 pounds at maximum. If that mother realized that she was capable of doing that, she would have no problem lifting up that car under any circumstance. Humans only have limits because they themselves set them there in their minds. What we have been doing with Wufei is trying to stimulate the inner subconscious to eliminate those barriers. If we could achieve this then he would be the perfect human. Unfortunately so far, we have been not as successful as we would like to have been at this point in time. His operation today is to see if we can stimulate human emotions to trigger his mind to open up. The human mind has many mental barriers that many are unaware of. We have seen that at times when certain emotions are triggered that these barriers become stronger and weaker as needed. Your operation, however, and Quatre's as well, are to finish the balancing process between the two DNA patterns and to input command codes within your neurological systems so that we can control you if the operation is successful." Professor G turned again to walk over towards Doctor J, who was still discussing and ranting to whomever on the phone. Duo sputtered in disbelief.

"What do you mean 'if' the operation is successful?!?! What happens if it's not?!?" Professor G stopped in mid-step.

"Then either one of two things will happen. One, you die and everything is a complete failure. Or two, you live but the project still fails. That's when we kill you and find a new subject to start again." Professor G walked across the room to join Doctor J, who had just placed the phone on the receiver. ~ That means I'll never see Heero again… ~ Duo nearly began to sob at this realization. ~ I'm trapped here and I'm going to die or become their human puppet just like Wufei was. Oh god! Wait! Wait! Calm down now, Duo! You can figure a way out of this. There might be a chance to escape but that's only if this whole 'procedure' thing works. If not, I'm a goner. SHIT!! NO! Don't start thinking like that! I must-no I WILL see Heero again. I have to survive this whole operation thing. If it works like he explained it, then that means I'll be a hell of a lot stronger and faster than them. Plus I'll have the added bonus of flying, right? If I can get out of here before they tamper with my mind and enslave me, then I can hopefully rescue Kat and Fei and get the hell outta here before anything else happens. Yosh'! ~ Duo smiled a little at his newly formed plan. Cocking his head to one side, Duo thought a minute before turning his head towards the two scientists conversing with one another.

"OI! Doc? What the hell animal did you put in me anyway?" Duo shivered under the evil glint of Doctor J's robotic eyes.

"Well if you think about the surrounding animals in this area, there really are only a few with wings. Quatre was injected with bird DNA. To be more specific, a dove. Desmodus rufus. That one is yours. Do you know what animal that is Duo?" The braided boy shook his head, wary of the animal he was to be merged with. Professor G smirked as he walked towards him. Brushing his bangs away from his eyes, the short man smiled maliciously as he stared into frightened violet eyes.

"Bat. You were injected with bat DNA. Now are you ready to begin the operation?"


On To Chapter 6-Not Up Yet

Back to Duo + Heero
Back to Quatre + Trowa
Back to Multiple Pairings

Back to Main Archive