The End of Innocence Chapter 4
By: Lady Nagisa

Heero's eyes snapped open and he held his breath, listening to the silence of the room. Something wasn't right. Then it dawned on him. It was too quiet. Jumping up from the pallet, he'd made on the floor, he checked the bed to find young Maxwell gone.

Cursing at himself for his carelessness, he threw open the chamber door and strode outinto the hallway. He can't have gone far in his condition, he thought angrily as he went in search of the long-haired boy.
_______________________________________________

The flickering firelight of the room cast a golden hue to the rippling muscles of Trowa's bare shoulders as he lowered his head and pressed his lips to the taut, quivering stomach of the slim form beneath him. He slowly traced a line of kisses across stainy skin, his fingers running lightly down slender arms to twine with long fingers as he pressed the willing body against the mattress.

Suddenly, those fingers released his and an insistant hand pushed him over onto his back on the bed. He caught a glimpse of glittering sapphire eyes before the golden head lowered and his aching member was engulfed in moist heat.

Groaning, he tangled his fingers in the silken, blonde tresses as those firm lips slid down his length, taking all of him in, a skilled tongue swirling over his sensitive skin. He lay back, on the bed, and let the waves of pleasure washover him as that warm mouth brought him closer and closer to his end.

With a low growl, he grabbed those pale shoulders and pulled the feather light form up to him. Capturing those full lips with his, he flipped them back over, pinning the soft body beneath his. As he gazed down into those sapphire depths, another face flashed in his mind's eye, suddenly cooling his passion. These aren't the blue eyes I want staring up at me with such desire.

A slender hand came up and swept long blonde strands aside. "Milord?" the girl frowned. "Did I do something wrong?"

Trowa cursed and flung himself from the girl and sat on the edge of the bed, his back to her.

"Milord?" She kneeled behind him and placed a light hand on his back.

He grabbed his pants and jerked them on, standing at the same time. Pulling his tunic over his head, he turned to study the young woman, kneeling on the bed, a hand on her chest between her small breasts. Her hair formed a golden cloud around her worried face, her kiss swollen lips pouting slightly.

He raised a hand as she started to speak again. "No...it's not you."

"Then what?"

A vision of his blonde prisoner flashed through his mind again. I have gone completely insane! He let out a bitter laugh. "I am truly dammed!" He muttered, stalking out of the room, leaving the confused girl sitting on the bed.

Trowa went down to the kitchens, where he located a cask of wine and stormed outside into the courtyard. Settling on a low wall, at the far side, he took a long drink, his eyes scanning the upper walls of the bailey.

As Heero came out of the hall and crossed the yard, a movement on the battlement caught his eye. A slender form was standing on the edge, head lifted to the night sky, his braid swaying gently behind him.

"Trowa, have you seen..." Heero's words were cut off as the Viscount gestured behind him.

Heero turned and looked up, his cobalt eyes quickly finding Duo. "Shit!" He quickly crossed the courtyard and back into the keep.

Trowa shook his head and took another drink. The young Scot was liable to lead his friend on a merry chase. The fact that his friend preferred men to women, didn't bother him in the least. And he had to admit that Heero taking more than a passing unterest in Duo Maxwell, pleased him.

Heero's past had been so fraught with pain, he deserved to find some contentment. He had the understanding to help Maxwell survive his trauma and deep under his cold exterior, Trowa felt that Heero had a lot of love to give to the right person. Regardless of their sex.

He couldn't give himself the same understanding. His lovers had always been women. there had never even been a fleeting interest in anything else, until he'd laid eyes on Lord Winner's heir. Never had he wanted another person like he desired Quatre Winner. Swearing softly at the thought, he took another long drink.

Ridiculous! He raged at himself. I must be battle fatigued. That's it! If I ignore it, things will eventualy return to normal. And what if they don't? "Fuck!!!" He yelled at the empty courtyard before burying his face in his hands. Why is there always that voice of doubt?
_______________________________________________

Heero stepped out onto the battlement and stopped. The sight before him was enough to take even his breath away.

Duo hadn't bothered to put on anything except a pair of pants. Now he stood in the cool night air, his arms around himself, gazing up at the stars.

Heero could make out the bruises on his pale skin, in the moonlight, and wished he could somehow will the boy's injuries away. As he moved from the shadows, Duo turned bright violet eyes towards him.

"You shouldn't be up, yet." Heero said gruffly.

Without a word, Duo turned his face back up to the sky. He took a deep shuddering breath and expelled it. "For as long as I can remember, whenever I was sad or upset, I'd come here. I could almost swear that I could hear the wind talking to me. Carrying my troubles away on it's back."

Heero stood beside him, silently, fighting down the urge to wipe away the single tear that coursed down Duo's pale cheek. these new emotions were so alien to him that he dared not express them. He had a feeling that the chestnut-haired boy wouldn't react well to his desire to comfort and pretoect him. Not yet. Not after being so brutally used by Rhoderic.

And Heero needed time to figure this out for himself. I don't even know him, how can I feel this way? He asked himself. "Come, you should be resting." He laid a hand on Duo's shoulder.

Duo flinched at the light touch, memories flooding his mind. Moving quickly away from that touch, he cast one last wistful look look at the sky. "It doesn't work anymore." He said sadly, turning away.

Heero's heart wrenched at the wistful words spoken by the boy and he fought down an intense urge to gather him up and try to shield him from the world. Instead he silently followed the young man back down the narrow, stone stairs to his room.

Duo paused at the door to the chamber and swayed slightly, suddenly he felt very tired. I guess I'm not as strong as I thought I was, he thought to himself as the hall around him dimmed.

Heero saw Duo weave unsteadily on his feet and with a low curse, he kicked the chamber door open and swept the boy up into his arms. Christ! He's as light as air! Kicking the door shut behind him, he carried the boy to the bed and lay him down on it. He reached down and grabbed the blanket, pulling it up over Duo, starting when he realized that those violet eyes were watching him intently.

"How did someone like you end up doing this?" The Scot asked quietly.

"I don't know what you mean."

"You're dress and manner tell me that you're a soldier...and I have a feeling that you are a friend of the Viscount. So how'd you end up playing nursemaid to a person like me?"

"I asked to." Heero replied simply.

"Why? Why would you want to do this? I'm not of any importance here...just another resident. It's not like saving me will gain you anything." Duo pointed out.

Heero looked at him. You have importance! His mind insisted. Then frowning, he asked himself why was he doing this. He could've just made sure that someone took care of the boy. Why do I feel that it has to be me? "It's not important." He said abruptly. "Get some rest." He went and sat in the chair by the fireplace and stared into the flames.

Duo watched him for a moment before his eyelids slid closed. Why do I feel connected to him? I should be afraid of him, but I'm not. His mind asked wearily as he slipped off to sleep.
_______________________________________________

"WOMAN!! I will kill you!!" Wufei's angry voice rang out across the courtyard, followed by the sound of an angry female voice.

Trowa, who had dozed off sitting on the ground, in front of the wall, jumped and swore as he hit his head on the stones behind him. Sitting up, he searched the darkness finding no immediate threat. From the corner of his eye he saw a movement and looking to his side, he saw Sally stride out of the stables.

Wufei came out right behind her, his expression one of intense anger. He grabbed her arm and swung her around. "How dare you interfere with my orders!" He shouted angrily.

"Your orders?! You were the one that contradicted my original orders! I don't want that mare outside the stables!" She yelled back. She leaned in so that they were face to face. And you knew it!"

He crossed his arms. "The air is good for her...and the foal." He snapped. Then throwing his hands in the air, he snorted. "Why am I trying to explain to a woman?"

"Regardless of what you may think...I have a brain! And I know those horses like any other woman would know her own children! You'd realize that if you'd come off whatever rant you're on and pay attention."

Ignoring the darkening scowl on Wufei's face, she continued. "Now...I will try to explain this in terms that even you can understand. THAT mare is going to foal at any moment...snd she's going to have trouble with it. It would NOT be wise to allow her to go wandering out around in the pastures. Unless you really do want to lose a perfectly good horse."

"And how would you know all that for sure?" He growled.

"My god! You haven't heard a word I've said, have you?"

"Why would I? You, whether you realize it or not, are a woman! You do not belong in the stables. You belong in the hall...doing women things."

She slapped him, not noticing the murderous expression on his face, she snapped. "You know what? You...are hopeless! Completely and utterly hopeless!" In her frustration she raised her hand again.

He grabbed her wrist. "Don't even attempt it! I WILL kill you, without hesitation." He snarled.

She dropped her hand and looked at him, he blue eyes sparking. Suddenly, as if her mood switched in mid-stream, she chuckled. "I know what you need." Grabbing his face, she kissed him, hard and fast. Then wheeling around on her heel she strode off. "You need to find yourself a woman!" She threw over her shoulder with a laugh.

Wufei literally shook with rage as he muttered to himself. "That's the last thing I'll ever need!"

"They are a handful, aren't they, my friend." Trowa spoke up from the shadows.

Wufei spun around to face the Viscount. "I hold you completely responsible for this mess!"

Trowa chuckled. "I know, but I have my reasons."

"I wish you'd enlighten the rest of us." The Chinese man grumbled.

"Someday, I will."

"How are you making out with Lord Winner's son?" Wufei asked.

Trowa's expression turned as dark as his friend's.

"Ah, I see." Wufei chuckled. Turning from the Viscount, he started across the courtyard. "Sometimes, justice truly does come in unusual ways. Good luck with him, my friend." He waved a hand in the air. "And yourself...you're going to need it!"

Trowa picked up the empty wine cask from the ground and stared at it. What the hell is THAT supposed to mean! What luck does he think I need? Am I that obvious in my lusting after the boy? He looked up the side of the hall at the window, where his chamber was. In his mind's eye he could see the young boy, as he slept. He imagined that Quatre would look like an innocent child in slumber, with his smooth pale face and soft golden hair.

He also imagined what it would be like to walk into that room and wake the sleeping boy with his kisses. To caress his slender body with his fingertips. He could almost see the blonde lying before him, his lips swollen with his kisses, his eyes dark in their desire as Trowa slowly introduced him to the exquisite world of passion.

Swearing violently, he flung the cask against the side of the wall. Even when I'm away from him, I can't seem to control my thoughts! He took one last look up at the wall. "Sleep well tonight, young Winner. And pray to your God that I can find a way to stop these feelings or I will undoubtedly bring about the end of your innocence. And destroy all of us in the process." He turned a headed in the direction of the stables. "I hope that Sally doesn't mind her horses having a stable mate tonight."
_______________________________________________

Quatre slowly woke to the feel of warm lips upon his skin. Murmuring, without thinking, he parted his lips and shuddered as his mouth was plundered , sending tendrils of heats coiling through his body. As the kiss ended, he opened his eyes to fall into bottomless pools of dark green and he reached up to caress the face leaning above his. "You came." He whispered.

"Yea, I did." Trowa answered softly. "Now that I'm here...how much will you allow me?"

"Everything." The blonde sighed, reaching up to pull the Viscount down for another kiss. "Everything you want." He breathed as their lips met and senses exploded into a storm of passion.

Trowa groaned as his lips left Quatre's and slid down his throat to taste the soft, fragrant skin of the blonde's chest. Stopping to gently take a nipple between his teeth, his fingers slowly slid along Quatre's ribs as the boy clasped his shoulders and arched against him. His fingers moved in lazy circles as they slid their way under the blanket, he bit down gently on the hard nipple between his teeth and Quatre whimpered as Trowa's fingers slid gently down the length of his shaft.

Gasping, Quatre sat straight up in the bed, he'd made for himself, his sapphire eyes wide. He looked around him and then buried his face in his hands, his slender body trembling with fear and need. What... his mind whirled in desperation as he fought to quell the desire coursing through his body.

Finally winning the struggle and gaining control over his traitorous body, he stood. Wrapping a blanket around himself, he walked over to the window. What am I going to do? He wondered as tears started to slid down his face. He knew part of this was because he'd seen the naked desire in the Viscount's eyes earlier this evening, and his untrained body had responded to it.

Two days! He's been here two days! And I'm reacting like a..a... common kitchen maid! My God! He stole my father's place here and mine, how could I possibly want him? He leaned his head against the cool stone of the window frame. Ah! Everything's wrong here! Duo being cared for by that man...Hilde being married off to someone she doesn't know...and now, I find myself attracted to the one person I should hate.

He turned away from the window and looked around the room. How am I supposed to get through this? Father! You, who never knew of this terrible secret of mine, please give me some of your strength! I'm so afraid!


On To Chapter 5

Back to Heero + Duo
Back to Quatre + Trowa
Back to Multiple Pairings

Back to Main Archive