Dark Kingdom Chapter 1


By: Dia-chan


Disclaimer! I do NOT own Gundam Wing.<sigh> Please don't sue me. I have no money.

Title: Dark Kingdom
Author: Dia-chan
Pairings: 1x2, 3+4, 5+Sally
Rating: NC-17 (but not right now)
Warnings: YAOI! lemon, angst, sap, OOC, (I think that's all) for MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY!
Note* Heero is a vampire prince, Duo is an innocent human. What happens when these two cross paths? I based Heero's vampire powers on several books by L.J Smith. It's used without permission. PLEASE DON'T SUE ME! This is my first attempt at a fan fic so please don't be to harsh. I hope you enjoy, and please tell me what you think. ^_^


The rain pounded down on the young prince Heero Yuy. The once dirt path was now a small river of mud. Heero fought to keep his horse 'Wing' under control. The once white arabian stallion was now caked in mud from the legs down, and the thunder and lightning kept the horse uneasy.

Heero looked up at the gray sky and let the large droplets fall on his face. He and a few of his imperial guards, including Zechs Merquese, his captain, were on a hunt. For animals? Of course not. A few of those stupid humans from his kingdom managed to escape the kingdoms walls.

Heero smirked at the thought of sinking his fangs deep into their throats, and draining them of their blood. Every human in his kingdom knew the consquences of escaping. It was so simple. Death.

At the thought of draining his prey dry, Heero felt the familiar ache in his canines. The dry, burning sensation slowly began to creep through his body. His senses sharpened immediately, picking up every sound and every scent. He knew he didn't have long to find them before the sensations became unbareable.

" Are you alright your majesty? " Zechs asked. Zechs glanced at Heero at the sound of his feral hiss. The young princes creamy, flawless skin was one shade paler. " Shall I fetch one of the maidens at the kingdom? It won't take long "

Heero glared at Zechs. " No, I can handle it "

" Would you like me to set loose the hounds? " Zechs suggested.

" I'd rather have the pleasure of hunting them myself, " Heero's voice was sharp and clipped.

" Commander Kushrenada informed me that 3 humans escaped a few hours ago, " Zechs said, " They could not have gotten far. "

Heero didn't reply. Instead, the wind brought him a familiar smell. Flesh, human flesh. Wing seemed to sense his change and automatically halted. Heero dismounted and stood watching the trees. His ears picked up the faint sound of feet running across dried leaves. No more than a hundred feet away. And Heero was gone before Zechs and his guards had time to register it.

Heero thrilled in the chase. 'So close, so close' Heero repeated to himself over and over again. The burning sensation was more intense and he slowly felt like his lungs were closing. Finally, there behind a large pine tree stood a young man. About thirty years old. Panting and out of breath. As much as Heero wanted to torture the man, he couldn't wait. He attacked in a split second.

'More, I need more' Heero said to himself as he continued to drain the man. The burning sensation was slowly ebbing away, but not completely gone. Heero pulled his lips back from the mans throat when he was sure he had every last drop. 'Stupid humans. Why do you even bother to hide?' Heero looked up at the top of the pine tree and smirked. His fangs peirced the bottom of his lip gently as he caught sight of two more humans. They were petrified, staring at Heero and the man he had dropped to the ground.

A man and a woman in their forties. Heero couldn't help it. He let out a disturbing laugh, and marveled at the fright it caused them. " Why don't you come down and make it easier for me? "

No answer.

" Why did you bother to escape? You didn't really think you could get away did you? " Heero asked. Taunting them, he bunched up his musceles and launched himself easily into the tree. Landing on the same branch as the frightened couple.

The man picked up a nearby stick and threw it at Heero. Heero's eyes narrowed. The stick bounced easily off his chest. " Do you know that wood is poison to vampires? "

No answer.

" And you dare throw wood at me? Do you know who I am?! " Heero said in a low growl.

In one graceful step he had the man pressed against the trunk. He lowered his face and sank his fangs into the large blue vein which pulsed violently. When he was done, he dropped the man to the ground in a sickening crunch. One more left.

Heero looked at the woman. She was trembling with her arms wrapped around her knees. Heero stalked forward and paused when he heard the woman whimpering.

" Please..please don't kill me. I i'll do anything, " The woman cried. Her entire body was shaking with fear when Heero stepped closer.

" You know the consequences for escaping " Heero stated flatly.

" Please, I just wanted to go home "

Heero stood watching as the woman bent forward. Her arms pushed out infront of her and her face pressed to the branch. Praying. The woman was praying. Heero felt a strange feeling engulf him. The woman was so frightened. 'Stupid human, if your so desperate to live why did you escape?' Heero scowled at the unvoiced question. He could hear footsteps coming towards them. Undoubtedly it was Zechs and the others.

" Get up " Heero hissed. The woman slowly looked up at the cold and ruthless prince. She hesitated and slowly climbed to her feet. A startled cry escaped her lips as Heero wrapped an arm around her waist and jumped to the ground. Landing with catlike grace after over a three story drop he released the woman.

" Don't try and escape again " Heero said. He turned when Zechs and the others joined him. Zechs looked at him questioningly, and Heero turned away. Not meeting his eyes.

" Return her to her owner " Heero replied, and he stalked off back to Wing.

Puzzled, Zechs ordered the guards to grab the woman and followed his prince back. Since when did Heero save lives? Zechs glanced at the woman, she was crying and trembling but other than that she seemed perfectly normal. Nothing special. When did Heero Yuy have a soft spot?

Heero mounted Wing. Completely furious. The weather matched his mood perfectly. Where did that feeling come from? He couldn't do it. He couldn't kill her. Why? WHY?! Heero shouted to himself. He nudged Wing and the two of them took off in a gallop towards the castle. Stupid human! She knew what would happen if she escaped! Baka. Weak. You are weak!

***********************************************************************

Duo Maxwell stared up at his ceiling. It had been raining all day and he had been laying there, listening to the sound of the rain pounding on the roof for the past hour. How he managed to just lay there was beyond him.

The sound of the phone ringing brought him out of his trance. Sitting up he grabbed the cordless phone and pulled it to his ear.

" Hello? "

" Duo, it's Quatre. What are you doing tonight? " Quatre Raberba Winner asked cheerfully.

" Nothing yet Q-man " Duo replied. He pulled himself onto the couch and threw his braid over the cushions, " What's up? "

" Trowa and I were thinking about checking out the woods, " Quatre replied, " He said he found this weird cave and he *has* to check it out tonight "

" Are you crazy?! It's been pouring all day! " Duo exclaimed. His eyes traveled to the half flooded road, " Didn't they issue a flash flood? "

" I don't know. Do you wanna come? The more the merrier " Quatre giggled.

" I don't think so Q " Duo said. " As much as I love the rain, I have this thing about walking through the dark in the woods, with a crazy hentai couple "

Quatre giggled some more, " Come on Duo! Trowa says the cave isn't to far in. As soon as we reach it the rain won't get in "

Duo hesitated. Glancing out the window, he was about to protest when Quatre added, " And Hilde said if you don't come with us she's going to bother you "

" WHAT! " Duo shouted. That annoying Hilde was constantly stalking him. " And if I *do* go is she coming? "

" No, she said she wasn't that stupid to go into the woods at night. Kinda like what you said huh Duo-chan? You two have alot in common "

" When are you leaving? "

Quatre laughed, " I knew you'd come. We'll pick you up in an hour "

Duo clicked off the phone and glanced back outside. It was so dark the street lights had come on and it was only four o'clock!

***********************************************************************

Heero paced like a caged lion in his study. That woman was still on his mind. He didn't even noticed when the large mahogany doors opened and Zechs stepped in.

" Your highness? "

Heero turned around. The platinum blond soldier stood observing him, " Are you alright? "

" Why wouldn't I be? "

" You've been pacing in this room since we got back, " Zechs said slowly, and spoke hesitantly," May I speak freely sir? "

Heero grunted so Zechs took that as a yes, " Why did you let that woman go? "

Heero's prussian blue gaze met Zech's sharply, " I don't know " his voice was low and calm but Zechs could clearly read the fustration on the boys face.

" She's been returned to her owner " Zechs supplied, " She was shaken up but I don't think she's going to try and escape again "

" Hn. Who's her owner? "

" Alex Mueller " Zechs replied.

Heero didn't reply. He walked over to the window and looked over his kingdom below. His castle sat in the middle of the town and large iron walls encased the kingdom. He looked up at the sky, it was still gray and clouded but the rain had seized a bit.

" I'm going for a ride " Heero stated. He turned on his heel and left the room.

***********************************************************************

Duo, Quatre, and Trowa walked through the tree's slipping and sliding all the way.

" I can't believe you convinced me to come here " Duo muttered. He kept his hood firmly in place to protect his long chestnut braid. He would have Quatre's and Trowa's heads if it got snagged on a tree branch.

" This is fun, " Quatre replied.

" How far is it anyway Tro? " Duo asked. The tall boy just turned around briefly to look at him.

" It's not far "

" That's what you said ten minutes ago "

Quatre giggled, " Why are you so gloomy Duo? "

" I just have a bad feeling about this " Duo replied. It was true. Ever since they stepped into the field of tree's he couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was about to happen.

Duo looked around. There was nothing but tree's surrounding them. They each carried a flashlight and a back pack. Full of different things they thought they might need. Blankets, first aid kit. Food. Of course Duo was the only one who brought food. Quatre had laughed at the box of cookies and bags of chips Duo had stuffed in his bag. And Quatre, always prepared, had marked the trees with a red string every few feet.

" Here it is " Trowa said finally. He pointed to a small pillar. In the middle was a slightly large opening. Big enough for them to fit through. Moss covered the side of the entrance, but other than that, it was completely gray.

" Do you think theres bats in there? " Quatre asked. He loomed an arm through Trowas as they stepped closer.

Trowa shook his head. " I took a few steps in before I left "

" Let's go " Duo said cheerfully. His spirits had lifted upon seeing the entrance. He still had that feeling that something bad was going to happen, but now it was pushed away by curiousty and anticipation.

They filed in one by one. Darkness enveloped them, their flashlights didn't do much but it helped them enough to maneuver around. The inside of the cave was extremely narrow. They walked single file, Trowa infront, followed by Quatre and then Duo. They walked for what seemed like hours. Duo was busy complaining about getting blisters when he noticed a faint light up ahead.

" What's that? " Duo asked. He pushed Quatre from behind urgeing the blond boy faster and they came into a candlelit cavern. They were no longer walking on stones and pebbles, but soft dry dirt cushioned their feet.

Duo couldn't help but laugh, " Hey do you think those gorillas from 'Congo' will appear? " The cavern strangely resemebled the scene from the movie, Duo half expected the gorillas to attack them at any second.

" This is so neat " Quatre said. His mouth hung open as his blue eyes traveled over the room.

" Who do you think lit those candles? " Trowa asked. He stepped over to a candle which was mounted on the side. Observing it, the white candle had a large puddle of wax surrounding it.

" Hey, look at this! " Duo said. He was standing infront of a small wood door. It had strange carvings engraved on it. Symbols he didn't recognize.

" Do you think this is some caveman thing? " Quatre asked. He ran his fingers across the symbols in awe.

" Open it! " Duo said excitedly, but Trowa interferred.

" We don't know what's behind there " Trowa said. He grabbed Quatre gently by the shoulders and pulled the boy back.

" Well we *are* going to open it right? " Duo said sighing, " I didn't walk all the way in here for nothing "

Trowa glanced at Quatre, the blond boy smiled up at him, and Trowa shrugged. He pulled open the door, but it wouldn't budge.

He continued pulling at it for a few minutes, and finally, it took all three of them. They all pulled at once and the door flew open, sending them to the ground.

Duo sat up, rubbing his head. He looked up at the door, and gasped.




To be continued......

So what did you guys think? Should I continue it? I hope it didn't suck, I tried to make it intresting. Please review, i'm open to suggestions and comments.

Dia-chan
On To Chapter 2

Back to Heero + Duo
Back to Quatre + Trowa
Back to Multiple Pairings

Back to Main Archive